Aiea Loop Trail

Aiea Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aiea, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Follow H-1 to Moanalua Highway (Route 78). Take the Aiea cutoff to the third traffic light, make a right turn at Aiea Heights Drive and follow it about 3 miles up to the end of the road. Continue on the on-way park road to the trailhead.

Easy trail and well kept, very clean. I loved the guava trees all around the loop and the smell of the eucalyptus trees. Nice view of the H3. We tried to find the planes wreckage and my friend found a piece of it at first and walking little further we believe it was the wing. Some areas can be slippery.

Nice leisure hike even looks to be a decent run route

Really enjoyed this hike. Some parts can be a bit slippery specially after rain. Walking stick would be recommended for those parts. Trail seemed easy instead of moderate. We looked for plane wreckage and we believe we might have seen a piece but not the full crash. Nice place for trail running.

Nice trail with an awesome view of the H3. I would rate it as easy, not moderate.

Well established trail. Moderate climbs and descents. There were some good views. The trail was dry and well shaded. Looked for plane but didn't find it.

True to difficulty walk. Make sure you’re prepared with plenty of hydration. Not much for scenery except the view of H3. Wasn’t that impressed with this trail.

We’ve done this hike a couple of times and really enjoy it. Though rated as a moderate I would but it at the lower end of the scale. Areas can be slippery so wear proper shoes. We have never brought our dog but the trail is ok for all sizes. Do not leave valuables in your car.

Long hike. It was just at 5 miles. Parked at the first parking lot and walked up the hill to start. I don't see how people run it. My group tripped on the tree roots many times. nice views, mostly shady which was nice. There was only one muddy area when we went.