Aiea Loop Trail

Aiea Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aiea, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Follow H-1 to Moanalua Highway (Route 78). Take the Aiea cutoff to the third traffic light, make a right turn at Aiea Heights Drive and follow it about 3 miles up to the end of the road. Continue on the on-way park road to the trailhead.

1 hour ago

Aloha, great hike. Dog ❤'s this trail. Yellow dot in recorded tracks indicates WW2 era plane crash. Look down the hill hard to see when overgrown. Fairly easy trail, a bit muddy in places and a few downed trees to climb over. The end can be confusing cross the small creek and go up to the left. The end is the hardest and muddiest part so I like to start there, get it over with. Please clean up after yourself and your animals to keep our home beautiful for the future. Enjoy and be safe. Mahalo

I did this in the rain today so it was pretty muddy, but fun! Good workout with nice views. My dog enjoyed it too. I was confused at the end and thought I missed something but checked the app map and walked up to my car. I missed the plane wreckage.. next time! Pretty sure my dog spotted a wild pig off the trail but I didn't stick around to check.

Great loop trail, will go back to find the plane wreckage.

Me and my son 9 years old went twice.
Shouldn't go in rainy season, it's really muddy.
It took us 2.5 hours for round trip.
Great exercise!!!

Easy to moderate hike depending on your fitness level. I personally like starting from the end of the trail and going the reverse way.

this was waaaay more then 4 miles. Or at least it felt like it. it was a great hike lots of beautiful scenery it is challenging for people who haven't been on a hike or is not in shape. mentally physically spiritually challenging but all and all we finished it.