Aiea Loop Trail

Aiea Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aiea, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Follow H-1 to Moanalua Highway (Route 78). Take the Aiea cutoff to the third traffic light, make a right turn at Aiea Heights Drive and follow it about 3 miles up to the end of the road. Continue on the on-way park road to the trailhead.

8 minutes ago

Good

Challenging for first-time hikers in Hawaii. Fun, muddy and quite moderate. Ok for kids but not under 10 years old. Stunning view from the top. Walking through was slightly dangerous in some places and quite tight in others. Not traffic but was nice to see other people passing by in both directions. Took little over 2 hours to finish it.

This was a great hike to do on Saturday. Beautiful views, not too sunny, and easy to do if you are physically fit. Pretty muddy, so take it easy around those areas near the edge. Bring water and enjoy they tranquility.

First off I have to mentioned that I am super scared of heights. I went with my 7 and 10 year old kids and we started at the end of the parking lot although I would recommend to start at to lower trail head so you walk downhill towards your car in the end. The trail started nice no mud since it hadn’t rained recently, then along the path there were steep drop offs to on side of the trail which scared me but the path switched between nice and scary. When we got to the point where you can see H3 the path was relatively narrow and the drop off to the left was too much for me and we turned around and walked the same way back. Fazit: The trail is relatively easy to walk even for kids but if you are extremely scared of heights this is not the trail you want to go. The views are pretty but I have seen better views on other hikes.

Great fun! I chose to camp for the night, so I was able to really take my time on the hike. It’s relatively easy, quick, and likely one that will get you hooked on Hawaii’s trails! Most of the trail leads through rainforest, but there are some pretty views, too.
I got rained on towards the end, but there was a water hook up at the campsite and it was easy enough to get washed up.
There are TONS of wild chickens here who seem used to being fed.

Beautiful. Lots of shade but also muddy.

Nice easy hike.

Nice, fairly easy walk through the woods. A few nice views along the way. Dog friendly.

Nice view of the highway, but otherwise an uninteresting hike. Easy with 2 or so steep sections.

Nice hike. Not too much traffic and some interesting views. But to be honest: Hawaii have many better hikes. It is nice to calm down and very easy to walk, but you won't find breathtaking views.

This was a great hike for all ages, lots to see. Unfortunately it was pretty wet and slippery so spent more time than I would have liked looking at the ground. Overall it was a lot of fun!

Its quite a nice trail. There are beautiful views and places. But for us, it didn't feel like a real hike. It was very easy (if you are fit and do often hikes) and more like a really long walk than a hike. Don't forget bugspray!

Good, on the easier side, trail. The only reason I rated a 3 was because it was a little boring immediately following Lanikai pillbox hike which had BEAUTIFUL views.

A very easy hike, for all ages, dogs on leashes, trail-running, etc. Basically a walk in the woods, but a really great walk in the woods, with spectacular trees, contour & ridge trails along dramatic (but not scary) cliffs, a few nice views of H3 & adjacent ridges. Steady incline (or decline, depending on direction), but almost always a gentle slope. Figure 2-4 hours, depending on how fast you walk. Gets a little muddy, but not too bad. But bring bug spray.

Definitely ended up being a bit more than 4.4! Trail sign says 4.8. We tracked 5.99 (total 6.20 including walk up from first parking lot to official trail start) super muddy when we went but my 9 and 2 yr old made it with little to pretty much no complaints!

It’s a 2-3hrs hike (loop)! We made it in 2hrs without that much of stopping. This hike is pet friendly, but must be kept on lease always. There is a spot where it is muddy so save your shoes and it’s better to have a hike shoes with grip soles coz there’s a lot of people that slips on the trail. There’s a camp site also and a picnic area. This site is pretty well kept.

Easy trail and well kept, very clean. I loved the guava trees all around the loop and the smell of the eucalyptus trees. Nice view of the H3. We tried to find the planes wreckage and my friend found a piece of it at first and walking little further we believe it was the wing. Some areas can be slippery.

Nice leisure hike even looks to be a decent run route

Really enjoyed this hike. Some parts can be a bit slippery specially after rain. Walking stick would be recommended for those parts. Trail seemed easy instead of moderate. We looked for plane wreckage and we believe we might have seen a piece but not the full crash. Nice place for trail running.