Wildcat Creek Loop Trail

Wildcat Creek Loop Trail is a 10.4 mile loop trail located near Dawsonville, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and bird watching.

Distance: 10.4 miles Elevation Gain: 2,096 feet Route Type: Loop

Several trees across trail, some looked old others looked relatively new. Several stream crossings where we had to take boots off secondary to high water from recent rain but that made the water falls beautiful. Worth the effort

Hiked portions of Wildcat Creek Trail on a hot September day. Temps in the forest were about 10 degrees cooler than elsewhere. The creeks were low but cool (I fell in one). There is plenty of elevation change to challenge most hikers but it's easy going along the creek. We saw some blow-down but for the most part the trail is in great shape.

not exactly the wildcat Creek loop, but ended up on that trail, fall Creek trail and tobacco pouch trail.

This is a pretty relaxing walk in the woods, although some of it is actually pretty steep. The parts by the creek are beautiful with great break places by waterfalls. Didn’t see anyone else at all on the trail which was nice for us. A big chunk of the trail is on an overgrown gravel path that is much less exciting. I think if you take tobacco pouch trail that cuts the poop in half, you would cut off a lot of that part. Mostly shaded, so the heat wasn’t too bad in August in early morning. It was starting to heat up when we left around 12:30pm. Kind of buggy. I wish I had brought a head net for the gnats in my eyes. I carried a branch in front of my face for most of it because of the spider webs. Definitely check for ticks after because my dog and I both had a few.I would recommend also wearing long pants, instead of shorts. There is quite a bit of poison ivy and thorny things growing into the path. My recording said it was less that 11 miles, unlike what alltrails says at 14. Took us a little over 4 hours for the whole loop. Google Maps didn’t take me to the right place and there was no service in the area. It tries to have you go through a gated community which I couldn’t do. If you find Wildcat Creek Campground Road, you’ll get there. The road is big gravel, so it was a little rough on my Prius but we made it there and back.

recorded Recording - Nov 30, 3:05 PM