Victoria Bryant State Park Trails

Victoria Bryant State Park Trails is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Royston, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

20 minutes ago

Hiked on a cold day. Saw a huge buck on golf course. No people on trails but never really away from stuff. Pretty park. See how it can be super busy in warm weather.

These trails are wonderful and it's such a lovely and well maintained state park. I like the challenge of the Broad River loop trail with it's significant hills.

Pay $5 to park. I didn't know about paid parking and was lucky to find the last dollar.
Trails other than outer perimeter (more heavily traveled) were narrow. My dog walked in front of me. The Victoria loop around the creek is too high above the water for my pup to enter it.
Oddly there is also a vehicle creek crossing I wasn't warned about when they suggested I use that trail. It's deep. I waited to see another car go through before I tried it.
Very nice staff.
And the drive to get there was beautiful.

Beautiful scenery.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

We drove around the park looking for signs to the trailheads but could not find any. We parked in front of an unmarked path and just started walking. After walking for about a quarter mile we came upon a pond at the end of which we discovered the trailhead to the orange path. We followed these orange paint markings on the trees the whole way through and ended up completing just under 3 miles.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

We especially enjoyed Victoria Trail, beautiful creek side walk

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Trails are not clearly marked. We walked one loop twice. Ended up doing 5 miles and it was a nice walk but got frustrated with not being able to determine which way we were going.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

The trails were not clearly marked causing us to actually loop one trail twice. It is listed as easy but some areas have intense inclines. Total hike if all trails are walked (and one twice) was 10 miles. It was beautiful and a great work out.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

This hike was an easy hike, the views are not that impressive but my gf and I had a good time. great place for fishing, it has a nice lake.

Monday, October 07, 2013

Nice trail with a great finish near an old bridge over the river. Shoal in river perfect for dogs and kids on Summer days.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Nice trail and relatively easy. Trail is good and clearly marked and is a good work out. Scenery is very nice and the park is quiet and peaceful. Enjoyed the hike around the park and lake very much.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Beautiful and peaceful!

Friday, July 08, 2011

I love the trails in this park because you can do a shorter run, about 3 miles (says it's 4.1, but my iPod pedometer says almost 3), or literally hike/run for a couple of hours. If you take the Broad River Loop Trail, it adds another 3.5 miles, with the terrain being pretty intense at times. The trails are usually pretty clear (except after a bad storm, because a few tree limbs may fall on the path), so you don't have to worry about pulling a muscle by slipping on pine straw or tripping on a tree root. The canopy created by the trees can somewhat seal in the humidity and cause a nice "hot and steamy" experience, so bring water! :) The bugs can get a bit hungry and aggressive, so I had to break down and use bug spray eventually. It's quiet, the views are nice, and there are rarely more than a couple of others on the trails--if any. The park staff are very nice and helpful, with maps upon request.

The trails are marked with different markings on the trees (purple, orange, yellow, red). If you view the attached link, it provides more information about Victoria Bryant Park, has beautiful pictures, directions, and a map of the trails. I wouldn't say the map of the trails is "dead on" accurate, but it's close.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Without a doubt; VBP is one of the most secret treasures in Georgia. The park is very clean, the trail is great and the rangers there are wonderful to talk with.

There are three main trails, orange, red, and purple. The Orange trail starts at the gate near the fish lake and heads North West 1 mile towards a V intersection. At this intersection you can turn left for the red trail that will lead you 4.1 miles around the perimeter of the park. Turn right for the 3.5 purple trail which will lead you across a main street and skirt the golf course. You will see the beaver pond which is really awesome to view. As you continue north you will hit the loop of the park. You can go either right or left as you will end up exactly where you entered into the loop. Overall you can take both trails for 8.6 miles of hiking or do the loop for 5.5 miles or the red trail for 5.1 miles. Overall; it was a great time and wonderful adventure in the early morning hours.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Very nice double track trail that is well maintained. There is actually over 8 miles of up and down trails.