Vickery Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Roswell, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

partially paved

The parking area is off of Riverside Dr. on the Northeast corner of the intersection of Riverside Dr and Highway 9 (to the north of the Chattahoochee).

Nice easy hike, pretty waterfalls, a bit crowded on a nice October day and hard to pass at points.

I appreciate the abundance of signs mapping the trail, but blazes would've been a lot nicer/easier than having to stop and check which one of the paths you want to go down. Also, some kind of marker for where waterfall overlooks are would be appreciated instead of just following the sound down different trails.

I'll be honest, part of me writing this review is because it was sitting at 666 reviews :p

Easy for family hikes

Bit crowded but it’s a good trail. We stared off from riverside st parking lot to achieve 3.8 miles trail. During returning we adapted a closed trail which we were not aware of and that trail was dam creepy but had fun and we were able to catch up the active trail. Plan to take extra pair of clothes if you want to get into the waterfall. Overall it’s a awesome trail.

Crowded, full of trash, and constant traffic noise from Grimes Bridge Rd.

Went today with my friends, nice day to hike and good trial.

Seen a couple of instances of folks not having their dogs leashed.

I felt it quite easy and no elevation at all. For warming up and running into woods, I recommend this trail

Steep incline to start but otherwise a fairly easy trail.

If you are in Roswell and have nothing better to do then this is a fine way to spend a morning. Don’t go out of your way.

This trail has a good mix of ups and downs. Great for exercise

Pretty view of the falls. One of the more crowded hikes along the Chatahoochee

Moderate is definitely what I’d use to describe the hike. The views of the falls are definitely something to come for! Unfortunately, as some other reviewers mentioned, there is a bit of a littering problem at the base of the falls. Besides that, it was great exercise with some beautiful scenery! I’ll definitely be back and bring some less experienced friends with me so they can get into it and enjoy hiking like I do :)

This place isn't anything special. Its always crowded too.

Very easy and scenic hike, great for all ages. Shaded trail makes for cool temps even in the late June weather. Free parking if you park near the Roswell Mills bridge, easy trail access, puts you at VC12. If you have younger children VC14 is a great area for the kiddies to play in the water, and VC16-17 is where the falls are and the best picture spots. When I went down to the base of the falls there was unfortunately a lot of trash, and even along that area of the trail it was littered with garbage.

I went early on a Thursday morning and did not encounter a single other hiker. Weekends are WAY busier, so I advise going as early as possible.

I love this place !

Nice little hike, get there early for some peace and quiet. However I started from the Chattahoochee NRA ($5 parking) and hiked to the Falls only to realize there was free parking right there at the Falls and tons of families taking pictures, picnicking, etc. Not really what I was picturing. This is more for exercise than hiking.

One of my in-town favorites. Parked in the lot off of Riverside and zigzagged through the trails on the south half of the park, which turned into 4.66 miles. Plan to do the same with the north half soon. Beautiful, peaceful, lots to see.

This trail was very nice, very rooty and rocky. Nice views

The falls are VC-16 if it keeps the photo opers away from the rest of this beautiful trail.

The area around the falls is coincidentally the only area covered in garbage and blunt wrappers. Go figure

Also if you don’t want to pay the 5 bucks park up the road at the community pool and walk up

loved it!! beautiful scenery and a great workout

went for the 3.5 mile and ended up going 5 miles. There's a path that takes you to the water as part of the trail about 4 miles in with no sign that says do not enter yet after about .5 mile there is no place to go, it just stops at the water so we had no choice but to back track. Didn't care for the road noise but it was nice to see the dam and water fall.

Well kept trails perfect for beautiful views.

I really loved this trail! I parked off Riverside Road on the south side and it requires a $5.00 cash/check self serviced parking pass, but also accepts America the Beautiful Annual pass.It was a beautiful trail with several different well kept up paths you can take. If you do the entire experience, it's close to 7 miles to complete. We took our time and completed 4 miles in 2 hours. Some inclines, mostly shaded. I would rate this trail, medium, for the area depending on skill level. It was easy for me, after hiking in Colorado. The Falls are off marker VC-19. Great maps throughout to guide your experience. Dog friendly!

When I go hiking I like to feel as if it's just me and the trees and wildlife. Sadly, this didn't give me that feeling. You can still hear the traffic, there are to many people for my liking and 1 of the trails takes you through a neighbourhood, no bueno.

Beautiful hike - you forget you're in the middle of suburbia.

Awesome property and super awesome history. Love this place, will be back next time I'm down. It took awhile to find the falls, I guess we were a bit sleepy or something as they can almost be seen from the main entrance. Lots of rocks and roots so keep your toes up! I stubbed a toe and almost crashed. This is a must hike or trail run for everyone in Atlanta. Come on, get out there, do it!

Loved it!

nice trail. can easily become a 3 points of contact scramble if you get off the trail. beautiful waterfall.

A few uphill climbs to challenge the out of shape .
Overall, it is good.
As long or as short as you want it to be.

From the amazing spillway to the elevation gains this walk is well worth your time. Big Creek (Vickery Creek) boast a number of beautiful wildflowers and wildlife.

Hiking for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Once we got around to the smaller bridge we took a paved trail back. Beware this looks easy but has a long steep section that was very tiring. It pops you out on a street in front of a park and neighborhood that is next to the main entrance and you have to walk the street to get back.