Vickery Creek Loop Trail

Vickery Creek Loop Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Roswell, Georgia that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

Pretty, enough climbing to be a workout. Negative is that you can hear traffic for quite a lot of it.

Beautiful and shady.

I really liked this trail, except when I went down the southernmost part of the trail, it looks on the app like you should be able to complete a loop over to the east side of the park, but I came to what seemed like a dead end, and the only way to continue would be to climb over some really steep and slippery rocks. I tried approaching from the east again a week later, and there was a sign that the trail was closed. maybe that part was washed out somehow?

Excellent hike where you feel more like you are in the woods, than in the city. Many different spurs to add distance to the hike.

This was a fun hike through mostly wooded area; we did it with several small children in tow and it is not a particularly difficult hike. A plus is that it's just minutes away from the strip in old Roswell so an early hike followed up by some lunch at one of the many nice restaurants nearby makes a great day!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Not good. There are too many trails, it gets very confusing. I had to turn around at least 4 times. It was also pretty populated, which I didn't like. The trail goes by the Roswell Mill, for anyone who knows what that it.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Great trail. Loved the waterfall. There's a little cubby hole by waterfall. The nature of the trails is beautiful. Bring a swimsuit. People go into water. Great for kids to get refreshed. Pet friendly. Highly recommend this trail.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

These trails around Vickery Creek are literally the only thing I miss about Georgia. We've got some beautiful Audubon trails near where I live in MA now but I think I miss both the challenge and variety of this trail system, with which I became familiar between 2010 and 2012. I felt fortunate to be able to just walk out my front door and be on the trails in 5 minutes when I lived in Roswell. These are challenging trails for a runner but also rewarding, once you're done. Don't try them unless you're pretty fleet-footed and nimble. People re-starting a running program or slow, heavy-footed runners should take care, especially in the fall, when leaves hide the jutting roots. You'll encounter the occasional copperhead on these trails as well, but I could always spot them from pretty far off and suspect most people can, especially native southerners. That said, if I daydream of anything back in Georgia, I daydream about running these trails. Would recommend to anyone who loves nature and wants a hike with some visual variety.

Monday, November 04, 2013

Trails are deserted during the week, which makes it a very enjoyable hike. A lot of alternative routes throughout the trail system. Could use updated trail markers. Not very difficult, definately a moderate trail especially along the Creek

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

2.90 miles. For me it was moderately strenuous due to the tree roots in the path. My hiking boots definitely were needed. Trails markers are confusing. That said it is a wonderful hike in the wooded hills between Big Creek and Vickery Creek.