Tumbling Waters Trail

Tumbling Waters Trail is a 1.3 mile out and back trail located near Ellijay, Georgia that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and fishing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

this is a very well kept trail. the bridge is amazing and the overlook is even better.

I loved the view and the walk was great and met new people there and super friendly

A wonderful hiking trail.Loved the overlook !!

Hike 1/24/17 - Beautiful hike and easy enough for our 4 year old.. We will definitely Hike this trail again..

Really nice short hike. Great views of the tumbling waters at the end. However, we were surprised to find a $5 day use fee was required unless you have a forest service pass.

Nice short trail. Not crowded at all.

Hiked 10/31/17: I really enjoyed this one. It was beautiful weather and I was the only one on the trail. The leaves are changing into radiant reds and oranges. my pup had a good time as well. There are many opportunities for really unique shots if you have a love of photography, like I do. Easy hike, and relaxing setting with water. I will definitely be going back to hike it again!

We loved the trail. Shorter trail easy to walk with lots of water features ,Bridges , and overlooks. Great spot for fishing

Very fun trail. My whole family went and even my mom who can't feel her feet was able to do it! We loved the bridge and the overlooks

nice little hike

Really good trail for sightseeing and a snack! It's not hard or steep. Careful for snakes!!

Great place to hike with the family. Kid friendly hiking.

Easy and very nice falls

I would consider this one easy. The Falls are beautiful!

Friday, April 14, 2017

Good little trail for family. Enjoyed the falls. Nice parking area with restroom.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

It was harder than I expected, but worth the effort. Narrow and steep in places. There are several overlooks. Beautiful hike overall.

Thursday, January 05, 2017

The falls were beautiful and can be seen from several different vantage points. We took our 3 boys and spent half a day enjoying the hike. Plenty of parking and a restroom available at the trail entrance.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

good hike to do with kids!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

I'm glad I had directions from this app, because there are not many signs. Never saw anything saying Tumbling Waters Trail; just Ridgeway Park at Carters Lake.
Nice easy walk, but watch your step from all the rocks sticking up from the ground. The bridge, at lower falls, is really cool. Then once over the bridge, it's another short walk to get to the overlook, and upper falls. On this side of bridge is where you can walk down to water. Before you cross the bridge, you will see a sign 'to overlook'. This is a higher overlook with limited visibility, due to the trees and you can't access waters edge from this side.
One last thing: be careful of tics. I brought my Labrador with me and when I stopped on bridge, to take a picture, I noticed a tic on her neck. Once I looked her over, I pulled off another 4-5.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed this hike with my wife. Leaves not out yet so you can see terrain really well. Two falls. Fun and relaxing.

Friday, January 08, 2016

short and sweet

Monday, December 14, 2015

Beautiful trail. Breathtaking views, especially the waterfalls and grill spaces opening up into a lake surrounded by forest. Disheartened to see so many trees being taken down along the trail, some even intersecting rhe trail itself. One can still pass by climbing over or ducking under. It looks as if their building on the grounds to turn it into a bigger state park facility however feel it will lose some of its essence in the process. I love the trail as is, already... leave it. Please.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Very quick & simple hike but well worth the trip. The falls are beautiful and fun to play in.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

It is nice.Quick, convenient little hike,. Go there pretty often. They have just built a new bridge. They also seem to be cutting trees and doing some work?

Monday, April 07, 2014

nice day with family , pretty moderate steep in places , erked the walking bridge was closed . I would have enjoyed it more if we had been able to access the bridge to the other side . we could only view the falls and river from under the bridge not easy to get down the steep terrain and off trail , and the small viewing deck over the falls , dont know why my pictures are turned sideways they were not sideways on my photo library . we also cooked at the picnic tables and the boat ramp , nice day use area as well.

not a place that I would revisit , but I would go back to fish ...and the river /falls and day use area is accessible by boat .

Saturday, January 18, 2014

This is a short trail but very nice and worth doing no doubt. There is a nice bridge too, but it's been closed for a couple of years now so that was the only downside I had last time I hiked this. It's a good one for younger kids to enjoy too (ages 4 and up).

Friday, December 14, 2012

This is a simple hike that is well worth it if you are already in the area. I have combined it with other trails around Carter's Lake. If you are up for the apple festival or other festivals, it would be a nice break/escape for those that would otherwise be stuck wandering craft fairs of family quilts, tin cats and funnel cakes.