Learn more

Tumbling Waters Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(226)
Ellijay, Georgia

Tumbling Waters Trail is a 1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ellijay, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and fishing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 88 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Good little hike. Recommend on a weekday - less traffic. Nice water views of falls and part of Carter’s lake.

So nice, wear hiking shoes!!!!!!!!!!! And a swimsuit.

It was great and we went later in the day, so we were the only ones out there and it was so beautiful! Definitely worth hiking again!

Super easy, rewarding trail. Enjoyed the bridges and getting in the water is nice on a hot day.

fee

great trail fun hike! half mile to the bridge and swim spot.

Nice fairly short hiking trail. Trail seemed to kind of disappear after the lookout to the right of far side of bridge. Kept looking for a “castle” but only found a large pile of rocks. Is that the castle?

Great little trail. Had my 1.5 year old in my back and just turning 4 year old with us. The difficulty, distance and time was perfect for a family hike.

I am a experienced hiker this trail should not be marked easy it should be marked moderate to hard ,rocks and stumps on the trail make it very difficult, walking trails a very narrow and or could potentially slip off the edge it does seem to be well-maintained and well-used. markings on the path are misleading as far as direction goes and we never found the castle. this is not just one trail it is at least five trails. tumbling Waters trail is one way in and one way out hiking shoes and backpack are a must

Loved it!!! A little steep at times but my 7 and 11 year old had no problems!!! Beautiful views. The waterfall is stunning. We even took a swim at the end too!!!

Great trail! A little less used than other N. GA trails. Quick hike to the rapids all shaded. Both Overlooks as well as the bridge are in good maintenance. Day admittance fees are currently waived due to current events.

Easy to hike, lots of rocks in some areas. Cascading water worth the hike

fee

Love this trail! Great views, great shade and plenty of water overlooks. Nice wooden bridge between Tails Creek and Carters Lake. Family friendly!

10/10. Exquisite afternoon of hiking! Trail is fairly easy but you need to watch your step in some places. Gorgeous waterfalls, bridge, and hemlock trees.

Very easy, leveled hike. We brought our 8 month old Husky along and he had a blast as well!

Overlook on right side of river closed. But still a good hike.

My kids and I did this trail this pass Saturday, we enjoyed it lots of pretty views . My kids ages 8-17 .

Easy hike. Narrow but I had a 3 year old beside me holding my hand and it was fine. Had 3 older boys with me as well and they loved it. Overlook is taped off but you can see the falls well. Crossed the bridge after seeing the falls and you can circle around and go down to the water and get in or fish. $5 for the day or $40 for the year.

Overlooked taped off but you can still get a good look at the falls.

closed

Trail is still closed.

trail closed 2/13/2020...entrance tapped off...not sure why

short, easy beautiful hike. Seen a chubby beaver cleaning himself, so cute!!

great hike this morning, fantastic water fall

Did this trail as a day-trip with the kids. The trail is very narrow at points with lots of leaves, roots and rocks. The tumbling water falls are beautiful... my kids seemed to really enjoy the hike!