Three Forks Loop Trail

Three Forks Loop Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ellijay, Georgia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Been thru here once before doing 20 mile section of BMT. Easter weekend, took a friend to do her 1st hike in 40 yrs. (we're both mid 60....ish). She was breaking in a new Deuter, I just daypacked. Drove her Corolla up there...lol.
Easy day, lots of people, gorgeous weather.
I did notice signs at this trailhead saying, "No camping behind signs". Does anyone know if that means you can no longer camp at the sites by the footbridge?

Awesome! Great for the kids!

Friday, January 29, 2016

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fun day hike. Nice stream to cool off in

Monday, June 01, 2015

Very crowded on the weekends but very enjoyable!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

No one ever tells you that you have to take a one lane dirt road up the side of a mountain to get there haha it was definitely a surprise

Friday, July 11, 2014

My son and I hiked this trail from Springer Mountain to Three Forks. This is a nice trail and I thought it was relatively easy. The hike was enjoyable and the scenery was terrific. We crossed several streams, and the vegetation was thick and the weather was cool. We camped at Three Forks and it was terrific as we were the only ones spending the night there. This is a good trail and not very strenuous. I would also recommend hiking on to Long Creek Falls - very nice and the scenery and falls are beautiful. We hiked in Saturday morning, set up camp and hiked out Sunday morning. It was a terrific weekend.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

If you start at the parking at the vast of Springer Mountain, on the return trip after you've reached the other service road, don't take the BMT to return. It is uphill the entire way, and somewhat grown over due to little use. Stay on the AT.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Nice place to spend the afternoon

Sunday, September 04, 2011