The Wolfden Loop: Pine Mountain Trail and Beaver Pond Trail

The Wolfden Loop: Pine Mountain Trail and Beaver Pond Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Warm Springs, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

13 minutes ago

Moderate trail with pretty views. There are waterfalls and all sorts of things to see! I recommend this trail for sure.

I do not believe, for a 7 mile hike, moderate is fair. I would rate this a difficult hike and it should not be taken lightly. The terrain is roughly 80% rocky and there are parts where you are outright bouldering. Take plenty of water and take your time. It is very hard on dogs as well. We were going to backpack this loop over 2 nights but ran into foul weather so we were going to finish the loop. It was extremely difficult and I did not hydrate enough (to be fair, it was like 100° outside).

On the other hand, this is one of the best maintained trails in Georgia. It has blazes very regularly, there are bridges over washed out spots and creeks. You do cross the mountain stream a couple times by rock hopping, which could be hard in the case of heavy rain.

There are gorgeous, beautiful mountain spring waterfalls. There are amazing views as well. You can take white candle trail at the left ( + .5 mile) instead if beaver pond to see Odie Overlook, it's gorgeous as well.

Just hiked it to cascade falls and back out. 5 miles on the dot the way we went. Great trail with several creek crossings

We
Did it counterclockwise. Waterfall and stream section was amazing. Trail is well marked but about a half mile through what appears to be new growth pines is extremely overgrown with briers. The trail at some points is chocked down to the point you almost needed a machete.

Loved the hike- especially the waterfall!

Great trail!!! was well marked and maintained.

Parts of the first two miles of the trail, hiking clockwise,including the beaver dam trail was an easy hike but somewhat overgrown and in need of some maintenance. The last two miles included several waterfalls and stream crossings which makes for a nice finish. The trail is well marked and easy to find.

One of my favorite moderate hikes in the area. Beautiful changes in ecosystem as you travel through the entire trail. I like to start with the beaver pond and finish with the waterfall section. Go in April and see tons of blooming Mountain Laurels. The waterfall section (up until Wolfden) is fairly busy but I rarely see people after that. You will cross the stream several times via rock and some footbridges. Roots and rocks in the path and the parking area have no bathrooms at the start. Usually takes me around 3 hours at a relaxed pace.

Great training for the Appalachian Trail

so gorgeous and the right amount of challenge.

Fantastic loop! Everything is in bloom right now

moderate (loop). waterfall section was busy but rest of the well marked trail we had all to our selves. The old growth pines are amazing.

Awesome trail. Definitely do it clockwise. It’s great to end it with the falls and walks over the streams. Easy to moderate rating. 2 out of shape adults and an energetic dog and 8 year old did it in about 4 to 4.5 hours.

I agree with those who said this the easy rating on this full loop is not accurate. Fair warning, I met a few beginners on the trail who said "It seems more like an obstacle course" compared to other easy trails they had been on.

The trail has beautiful scenery throughout the loop, with fantastic mountain views on the west and most of the falls on the east. There are a few spots near falls and on flat rocks to stop and rest, and lots of moving water for pups to cool off in. There are also some areas with slick rocks, rock steps, and water (or mud) over the trails if the weather has been right for it. Highly recommend!

I have the loop in my recordings on my profile, but I both logged it under the wrong trail and accidentally paused it for part of the trail.

I would not rate this trail as easy. It has some beautiful waterfalls and with Cascade Waterfall as one for a great place to have a snack or picnic.

Completed this hike yesterday before I downloaded this app as a suggestion from a hiker I met along the trail. Not an overly difficult hike however not sure I would rate it as easy for everyone. It took me 2.5 hours to complete at a fairly moderate pace. The plan is to complete a couple sections of this trail leading up the complete trail later this month. I would imagine the Pine Trail can be completed in a day but maybe a little enjoyable to spend a night out.

A nice moderately challenging trail loop. It definitely needs a moderate rating as it would be a little difficult for some people. Great views, Wolf Den and waterfall a great spot for lunch.

Lots of waterfalls and beautiful things to see! This is a fairly long one, so be ready to see it from beginning to end. Once again, you start out on Blue But be sure you catch the white blazes back to the trailhead where the TV station is. It is easy to make a mistake, and if you stay on Blue, you will be in for a much longer than 7.6 mile hike.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Loved this trail. We did the 2 miles to Cascade Falls from the entrance at WJSP Channel 28 studio entrance. For a 4 mile total hike, it had it all; flat terrain, extremely hilly terrain, lots of small falls, etc. it is one the best-marked trails we've been on.

Friday, June 16, 2017

great trail. The bare/forest regrowth portion kind of makes you feel like you are out West, but that part of the trail is definitely not as clear, lots of foliage & growth into the trail itself, we saw a few snakes. good times. the first portion (up to cascade falls) is super fun, lots to see, several little falls, easy water crossings, but had heavy traffic and some rowdy kids, did not like that, but only a handful of hikers went past cascade falls, which had a steady incline for a ways, not as fun as the first part. Will go again, probably from the op direction to really enjoy the falls in the end.
-1st try (2nd hike ever, turned around on the first incline just before bumblebee camp) 5/25/17.
-2nd try, 3rd hike ever, 5/29/17 completed

Sunday, February 05, 2017

This "Easy" rating is ludicrous. This is not a difficult hike, but it's by no means easy. The trail is unique in that some portions look and feel like your in AZ while others are more tropical. The first half of the loop is just FUN! Lots of creek crossings and small cascades. There's only 1 Waterfall. The latter half of the loop is a bit beige and nondescript. Overall, it was a fun hike!

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Beautiful views and absolutely great for anyone wanting to get some trail running or hiking. There were many "technical" spots that weren't ideal for running, but the waterfalls and scenic views of the mountain definitely made up for it! We will go back many more times I'm sure.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Love the 7 small waterfalls along the hike; simply beautiful place to explore!

Friday, January 13, 2017

First time here. This is a great hike with lots of access to the creek and amazing views of rolling hills. It's nice with no leaves on the trees and your able to see so much more of the landscape. Def going to return soon.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

still my favorite hike, every time I go on it, it's a different adventure with weather season changings. it's nice.

Friday, November 25, 2016

this is one of few BEAUTIFUL trails for anyone that likes an adventure of hiking thru creeks, rocks, woodland and waterfall of cascade is a must see. .

Sunday, November 13, 2016

good hike. difficult in some areas but not to rough. beautiful water falls, crystal clear streams, some cool bridges to cross, and alot of different eco systems in this trail. i was able to complete the hike in about 3.5 hours. $5 to park for the day. give this trail a shot. you will enjoy it!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

One of my most favorite trails! So beautiful, well marked. Several falls and creeks. My husband and I have done the full loop, and we have taken our kids to hike into/out of the falls. Great family hike.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

great trail with beautiful scenery and easy to follow paths.