The Wildhorse Trail [CLOSED]

The Wildhorse Trail [CLOSED] is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Powder Springs, Georgia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

closed

Like the Silver Comet Trail, the Wildhorse Trail is designed to accommodate bicyclists, skaters and walkers, hikers, joggers and persons with disabilities. It does not have facilities for horses, however. The trail is open from dawn to dusk except after rainstorms. Along the path of the Wildhorse Trail is the largest red maple tree in Georgia, known as a "State Champion Tree." The Trail also features a wetlands observation tower just south of Hopkins Road and a rest area near Powder Springs Road. Parking is available at the Wildhorse Creek Park.

couldn't do it, it was closed to construction

This is a nice little trail with a few scenic areas to ride a bike on (or walk). It will eventually take you to the silver comet trail.

It was quite nice, but I did not encounter very many people. It was very shaded on the trail.

There are a few areas where I noticed someone had spray painted a bench or nature-lookout area.

The path is paved and fairly wide. There are a few places where it crosses roads. I may ride my bike here again with someone else, but I think if I'll be riding by myself I will stick with the well-traveled areas of the Silver Comet Trail.

This is more of a walking trail and hiking trail . It is nicely paved concrete it is an inlet to the silver comet trail . With my 14 month old on my back my two year old walking beside me my seven -year-old walking beside my wife we had no problems at all completing this .