The Pocket Trail

The Pocket Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near LaFayette, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love this trail.
It's easy. Short.
And the waterfalls are a great reward.
Play your cards right in the spring, and be blown away by the beauty of the wildflowers!!

Nice little easy trail. Seems to be very lightly trafficked and a little overgrown but nice for a quick walk.

Unique waterfall, nice boardwalks, pretty flowers in early Spring!

Went right after a storm and was great!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Great hike for us with our 3 year old! Waterfalls were beautiful.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Monday, April 06, 2015

I was finally able to catch the flowers in bloom. They were beautiful.

Monday, March 30, 2015

I think it may be more accurate to call this the Pocket Branch Falls Trail. There is a sign at the trailhead parking for the Pocket Branch Trail which appears to be a different route than the one I took and most people are describing in the reviews. The route to the falls starts off with the Shirley Miller Wildflower Trail and goes from that boardwalk area to a less manicured trail that follows the creek to the falls. The falls appear to be rain dependent but they were nice when I was there, and they have an interesting natural step feature. I will try to add some photos. I went on 3/15/2015. Just a very few flowers at that time. We were moving pretty slowly and this was still a very short hike.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Friday, August 16, 2013

I didn't see any wildflowers. Must have missed them by a week or two !?!? Trail not very well marked. Neat cove area with a waterfall was the highlight.