The Pocket Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near La Fayette, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 134 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice trail that isn’t to long. Long bridge halfway, then it gets muddy and rocky but well worth the two waterfalls and sounds!

Extremely easy trail! Went with my little sister and fiancé and it was the easiest one I’ve done so far. We even got to sit at the waterfall and watch the firefighters train! Extremely beautiful view and unexpected entertainment!

We took our dogs and they had a blast.. a perfect little spot to take dogs especially if it’s a dogs first time hiking. My mutt did tear his foot a little on a rock so just be careful. It was beautiful and a lot of fun. We ended up going behind the falls. Definitely will be going back again.

So lovely when the flowers are blooming. Easy walk on the boardwalk or up the hill. When the waterfall is flowing, it's so fun to walk behind it!

Boardwalk looks fantastic. All the flowers are in bloom, and now is a good time to walk behind the falls. There is currently a road closer on Hog Jawl Rd, but a detour is provided. Just follow the signs.

WoW!! Boardwalk is open, the wildflowers are in bloom and smell so good, waterfall is flowing. Amazing short walk for all ages. One of the better short hikes I have done.

Be careful with Google Maps getting to the trail. Drove 30 minutes to find out Hig Jowl Rd. is closed 1 mile (bridge replacement) before you turn to the WMR the trail is located in

Easy hike with a nice waterfall. Most of the hike is on a gravel road. It gets kind of confusing at the end where it is supposed to loop around and head back. There is no marker and it just kind of dead ends into an open field. We backtracked down the way we came and couldn’t find the loop back part of the trail. Back at the parking area, there is “wildflower” trail. When we were on it, the map indicated there we were on part of the loop back trail. A little confusing.

One of my favorite places to go. Go in March/April for the wildflowers. Use iNaturalist app to learn along the way!

The boardwalk has been fixed and the falls are beautiful after all the rain. Easy hike that is at the end of a dead end road, kid friendly and dog friendly.

A nice short walk across a wooden platform walkway. The last few steps are on trail. This water is really cool after a good rain.

decent day hike. beautiful area

closed

A Broadway trail still closed after walking a half mile. I see tree branches fell on rest of broadway that blocked.

the boardwalk is closed down indefinitely and the waterfall was dried up but nice nature trail

Sat Mar 30 2019

Great place for spreading no flowers. Tons of native beauty. Nice waterfall and an easy hike. A small gem

Sat Jan 12 2019

Like to hike up above the falls and rappel.

Wed Dec 05 2018

Absolutely gorgeous! One of my favorite places to visit no matter the season. This area does require that you have a pass or fishing/hunting license but it is easily acquired through the DNR website.

Sun May 27 2018

Loved it !!!!

Sat May 19 2018

Fantastic gem in pigeon mountain area. Very dog friendly.

Mon Nov 20 2017

my husband and i love hiking and this place is at the top of are favorites list!! we will definitely be going back.

Tue Aug 01 2017

Love this trail. It's easy. Short. And the waterfalls are a great reward. Play your cards right in the spring, and be blown away by the beauty of the wildflowers!!

Mon May 22 2017

Nice little easy trail. Seems to be very lightly trafficked and a little overgrown but nice for a quick walk.

Thu Mar 16 2017

Unique waterfall, nice boardwalks, pretty flowers in early Spring!

Sun Jan 22 2017

Went right after a storm and was great!

Wed May 27 2015

Great hike for us with our 3 year old! Waterfalls were beautiful.

Mon Apr 06 2015

I was finally able to catch the flowers in bloom. They were beautiful.

Mon Mar 30 2015

I think it may be more accurate to call this the Pocket Branch Falls Trail. There is a sign at the trailhead parking for the Pocket Branch Trail which appears to be a different route than the one I took and most people are describing in the reviews. The route to the falls starts off with the Shirley Miller Wildflower Trail and goes from that boardwalk area to a less manicured trail that follows the creek to the falls. The falls appear to be rain dependent but they were nice when I was there, and they have an interesting natural step feature. I will try to add some photos. I went on 3/15/2015. Just a very few flowers at that time. We were moving pretty slowly and this was still a very short hike.

Fri Aug 16 2013

I didn't see any wildflowers. Must have missed them by a week or two !?!? Trail not very well marked. Neat cove area with a waterfall was the highlight.