Taylor Ridge High Point Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(33)
Lyerly, Georgia

Taylor Ridge High Point Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lyerly, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 951 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This trail is a bit strenuous, but the views are great.

Overall this trail was in good condition but a little brushy in places. A couple of decent views but that’s pretty much it. Probably prettier in the fall.

Up and back. Will do this again when the foliage is gone. Good hike.

Lots of butterflies and a low-mild hike

muddy in some spots but enjoyed for the good elevation changes, not busy the day I was there

flooded

wet, fun, good view

I've been wanting to make this hike for a while. It's a great hike, but be prepared for a large incline! Pretty much the whole trail, from the parking lot to the tower, is uphill. I plan to return during the winter to see better. Even with the leaves on the trees I could see Rocky Mountain Hydroelectric Dam and Fouche Gap.

Great trail. A lot of elevation at the start but once on the forest service road it’s easy going. You keep back left to go up to the “high point” at the fire tower and right to continue the Pinhoti. I went all the way past “Sloppy” Floyd park and continued until I was picked up and returned to my car by a family member off of 27 on Mack White Gap which was around the 10 mile marker. Not to much of a view because of the amount of trees and brush but I’m sure by the time the leaves fall it’ll be magnificent.

We ended up hiking all of Taylor's Ridge to Mack White Gap on the Pinhoti. There was more road walking than I would have liked, but we enjoyed it very much and will do it again in the future.

Nice because no one else was out there. I just did a day hike in and out for a few hours and never crossed paths with anyone. Not great views, mostly just woods. There were a couple of overlooks which I’m sure will be better in fall. No water in any of the streams that it crosses. A few miles in and it turns into a dirt road that I guess is used by the forestry department.

Sun May 19 2019

phone got confused

Mon Nov 13 2017

enjoy this trail very much

Tue Sep 05 2017

would be a better fall or winter hike to many big trees blocking the good views from the ridge. and very over grown in spots I would recommend long pants I just learned the hard way

Sat Sep 02 2017

great trail. quite an incline and a bit overgrown in spots.

Thu Jun 08 2017

Not a bad trail. It follows the Pinhoti Trail for most of the way. The trail was moderate wish a few decent views. I wish the fire tower was unlocked.

Sun May 05 2019