Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Sweetwater Creek Yellow Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(277)
Sweetwater Creek State Park

Sweetwater Creek Yellow Trail is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lithia Springs, Georgia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 469 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

fee

campsite r to bear hair trail vogel overlook. went clockwise and made the uphill much better.

Well marked trail with not a lot of traffic.

Faboulous Trail and absolutely beautiful views. Great workout! Water views, flowers, rocks and streams . Who could ask for more? I've been hiking for quite a few years. This is an incline therefore I would call it easy to moderate trail. Easy in the beginning gets harder towards the end.

Beautiful trail with a manageable incline, but dang it’s a glute workout. A small stretch lines the river but the rest is absolutely stunning in the forest.

This is the perfect moderate hike for a beautiful spring afternoon! I am a 46-year-old somewhat avid hiker, I don't have the greatest lungs and get winded easily so I did get a bit winded going up some of the inclines but overall it was not too difficult. Once you cross the bridge you will come to a fork, go left for a less strenuous incline or right if you prefer a shorter but steeper incline. There are a few rocky spots along the way but nothing too bad. There's a beautiful little stream that runs through the second half (if you go left). We found a perfect spot by that to stop and eat our sandwiches. One thing I like about this trail is it's less crowded than the more popular red trail although it doesn't go by the old mill ruins.

Good hike! Very well marked but the AllTrails map is a little off with the start of the hike. Just go towards the trail head and towards the red trail.

Great trail! The river views were great. If you take the yellow trail around to the right, the uphill is pretty intense.

flooded

This trail is beautiful. There are a lot of views along the water and plenty of streams and boulders as you make your way up the hills. The high water level of the creek made crossing one section of the trail a little difficult, but was not much of an issue. Would hike this trail again and would highly recommend! However, I would not consider this an “easy” hike. There is a steep incline for a good portion of the trail, so I would consider it more of a moderate hike.

This is a fun and challenging hike at Sweetwater Creek. However I would NOT classify this as an "easy" trail as the trail has what seems to be a never ending incline after the first half mile or so. Then you have a steep descend towards the end of the loop. It's a challenge especially if you are starting out. You will pant. Nice view of the river and a far off view of the mill. Nice steel Bridge where you can take photographs of and from and little creeks and the sounds of scurrying squirrels and chipmunks as your soundtrack along the way. I guess someone recently said that there is not enough markers on the trees to guide the path and I think the park overcorrected and put a marker seems about every 10 to 20 feet which is way too many in my opinion. There is a marker always in site on a trail that really doesn't need that kind of assistance.

Great hike. Incline workout! Well used. Needs some erosion repair.

Was not expecting the crowd that awaited me at the trailhead! I took the yellow route for this reason. I believe this trail is a little harder than it rates due to the elevation change. The majority of the trail is easy going but you will reach a half mile stretch that will test your cardio. I had my pooch with me so she dragged me up the slope. You will find most of this trail wooded and peaceful once you get away from the start. The trail was well marked and pleasant. Nice local hike

Good easy trail. Markers everywhere and lots of options to add to the trail.

The start of the trail on All Trails is incorrect. Where they want you to start is technically closed off. Go towards the red trail and stick to the left. You will see the markers. At the fork across the bridge, stick left as well. You can slowly ascent and once to the top it’s all down hill from there. Great loop trail that is well marked.

NOT an easy hike at all!!!!!

Definitely not easy. Moderate due to elevation changes.

Recommend this trail for all but as another person noted, I wouldn’t consider an easy trail, more moderate due to the some challenges on the trail. My four year old completed but it took quite a bit of time to do as we had to stop many times with the climbing! Great scenery and lots to view!

easy???? not for running that's for sure. but def worth it.

I think the easy rating for this isn’t quite accurate. I’d say more intermediate unless you’re a regular hiker. Pretty big shifts in elevation.

This trail combined with the orange loop is my favorite trail at Sweetwater. Good ups and downs to get your heart rate going, and it keeps changing elevation to stay interesting. Not the most scenic views, though there are some beautiful spots. Trails are well marked and well maintained.

Saw a big ass rattlesnake.. awesome. He was pissed

Sat Apr 27 2019

Sun Apr 21 2019

We had a blast taking our 6 month old (in a carrier) on this trail. The water was really high in the river and we had to trek around through bushes in one spot ~40ft because the trail was submerged but overall totally worth it and really pretty.

Thu Feb 28 2019

Very nice trail, have done it a couple of times. Due to the sediment it drains relatively well the day after rain. Only a few patchy areas of mud.

Thu Feb 14 2019

Great hike! Wide variety of flora and fauna! I watched a large flock of sandhill cranes swirl towards their flight path north! The AllTrails rating is "easy". The park rates it "moderate to difficult". I agree with "moderate". Very good trail!

Tue Jan 15 2019

really nice trails, marked very well all throughout trail

Sat Jan 05 2019

Did the yellow and orange trail loop, 4.8 miles together. A nice loop; although very muddy after the recent rain as it caused the Sweetwater Creek to spill over and made for a muddy mess during the yellow trail. Orange trail was dry although at a higher elevation created a lot of ups and downs throughout. Still an awesome place to venture around.

Thu Dec 27 2018

Used to stop at this trail after work for a speed hike workout and unwind. Probably the most lightly trafficked of the trails at Sweetwater. Has a long flat approach trail that follows along the river and across a walking bridge over the river. The loop has a good incline to get your heartbeat up and then a steady decline through forested area.

Tue Nov 27 2018