Sweetwater Creek Red Trail

Sweetwater Creek Red Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lithia Springs, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is best used from September until May. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

Sweetwater Creek Trail is a 4.2 mile loop trail located near Lithia Springs, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking & trail running and is accessible from September until May.

I loved this hike. It was beautiful along the creek, and has plenty of tree cover for shade. The trail map at the visitor center doesn't match the markings on the actual trails, and even as an experienced hiker, I'll admit, I did get lost on the way back and had to use my phone to determine location and direction back. However, if you back track the same way you come in on the red trail there's no confusion. There is a decent amount of scramble if you go far enough, plus history. The mill ruins are well preserved and easy to see. There are many spots where you are able to walk out into the creek on rocks too for some great photos. I look forward to going back to do some of the other trails.

Now this is a trail! I loved every second of it and I didn't even get to do the whole thing. Plenty of elevation with a beautiful lake. It has a river you can walk across on rocks that are smooth. Great for swimming as well. Beautiful scenery. I definitely recommend it for everyone.

Great hike of the red and white trail! Really pretty and a nice 5 miles. Definitely a moderate hike

One of my favorite places to go in the Atlanta area.

I wouldn't call the whole red trail easy, it gets moderate to hard in some places depending upon your skill level. Steep steps and narrow slippery rocks. Besides that, it was a beautiful trail! Loved hearing the water close by and it was well shaded. We didn't have any issues with bugs or ticks. It was pretty busy, must be a popular trail. People were in the water on the shoals. People did leave their trash along the trail, that was upsetting. Great place overall and we plan on coming back.

Flat open trail for the first half with more rocky steep areas in the second half. I usually combine the red trail and white trail to create a longer loop.