Sutallee Trail

Sutallee Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Canton, Georgia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

There is a mix of everything on these trails. There is a flat portion along the Etowah River, hillier portions father back in the woods, and a crushed gravel loop for light exercise. Local boy scout troops make bridges and do upkeep of trails. Very well-maintained and beautiful. Trails are well-marked with colors.

great hike, not crowded, but I was unsure how far I actually went due to all the off shoots.

Fun level trail, would be good for running

Storm damage with trees across several of the trails. My husband and I do enjoy this trail but we are somewhat familiar with all the tracks you can take. I suggest downloading a color map so you can follow which you want to take. Although dogs aren't allowed, several bring them, which I am completely fine with, but wanted to let others know just in case. It's a good workout but not too difficult.

Pam and I hiked this for the 5th time yesterday. I have to agree that the train marking is confusing. We did the entire loop and started by following the white blaze marks. This takes you alongside the river as seen on the map. When we got to the the little open area where the church can be seen we turned down the side trail with the warning signs and looped back to the "crossroads" shown on the map. We retraced our steps for a short distance and turned left onto the pink marked trail right where a tree has fallen over the trail.. The pink markers take you up the grade to the switchback where you make a 90 degree turn onto the yellow marked trail. This takes you back to Boling Park. The AllTrails app really helps but I thought this information would also be useful because there are lots of cross trails and it can get confusing. There really needs to be a legend for the base marks but I have been unable to find one anywhere.

I will concur the markings are very difficult to follow and we ended up hiking the white markings completely off the trail. Get a printed color map.

My husband and I want on the trail yesterday for the first time and I thought it would be 5 miles, but it turned into 8 miles because it was not marked all the way through. We were following the white markers and it stopped at around 5 miles and we had to go all the way back the way we came. Not marked well, we were extremely tired.

This place is great, I have been running these trails for a while now. No bikers just hikers and runners. These trails are open I ran there today 5-29-17. Only way it could be better is if the trails were better marked. If you park near the covered pavilion you can pick the trail head up just through the gate and then to the right into the woods. There is some loops back there just pay attention not to get lost.