Sutallee Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Canton, Georgia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

There is a mix of everything on these trails. There is a flat portion along the Etowah River, hillier portions father back in the woods, and a crushed gravel loop for light exercise. Local boy scout troops make bridges and do upkeep of trails. Very well-maintained and beautiful. Trails are well-marked with colors.

it was fun, but the whole time I felt like I was lost. the markings are incredibly confusing.

Nice hike once we got situated. Came in at the Hightower Church trailhead down Old Shoal Creek and Johnson Trail. Arrived about 9:30am and a man parked at the trailhead advised us that it was dangerous to hike before 10am because it was deer season and hunters were in the area, especially down toward the Etowah river. So we were cautious and were a little sorry we hadn’t worn our dayglo orange.
I had mapped out our route. There are a number of trails-all well blazed. But if you aren’t familiar with the layout and the different trails, it can be confusing. Only saw one other family out that morning along the white trail. I thought it was very scenic with varying level changes snd varying flora depending on what side of the slopes you are on and the distance from the river. Think it’s a great place to expose young people to map reading and trail reading as well. Hope to go back soon.

This trail is a short drive from my house in Canton, and this is probably my favorite thing about this trail. There isn’t much in Canton for distance walking. The gravel trail in Boling Park Is a nice 1.3 mile loop. You have to walk all the way to the back of the park where the trail turns to dirt and go along the tree line at the far end to get to Sutallee Trail. The first opening in the trees/bushes, and to the right does loop back to the beginning of the gravel path in Boling Park. This is toward the high school. If you take the bigger opening in the bushes, and go to the left you will be on the big loop.It’s true that it isn’t blazed very well. The last time I went, I took the orange blazed trail and it stopped, as far as I know, because there is a large tree across it. It seems that if you follow the white blazes, it will take you around the loop. The best thing to do is to keep alltrails open and look at it periodically to see if you’re on the trail. I haven’t done the entire loop yet.. What I have done is easy. I’ve been on the trail during the week in the late afternoon, and I encounter trail runners. The trails is very narrow for about the 1st mile and a quarter. Then it splits off into wider trail that appears to be motorized vehicle road. If you walk with headphones I recommend keeping your volume down so you can hear the runners coming. I try to give them the right away. This is a great trail, shady, and it Could be completed after work during EDT.

Was excited to go here - see the photo why I did not - absolutely NO DOGS allowed - and I’d rather not be the one to break the rule and get into hot water over it.

Had a great time hiking with my dad. Would go again for sure

I couldn’t find it. I kept ending up at Cherokee high school.

Have to go about three miles to see a sight worth looking at.

I run this trail every week. It's well marked and kept clean. Has a few low spots where it collects rain water, but overall very quiet and very nice.

It has spurs that offer varying difficulty but none of it is challenging.

Nice trail close to Atlanta. Easy tho.

I love this trail! Cool bridges, always see wildlife, rolls along the river for most of it. Done it dozens of times-always fun.

Fun family trail

Saturday, July 22, 2017

great hike, not crowded, but I was unsure how far I actually went due to all the off shoots.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Fun level trail, would be good for running

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Storm damage with trees across several of the trails. My husband and I do enjoy this trail but we are somewhat familiar with all the tracks you can take. I suggest downloading a color map so you can follow which you want to take. Although dogs aren't allowed, several bring them, which I am completely fine with, but wanted to let others know just in case. It's a good workout but not too difficult.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Pam and I hiked this for the 5th time yesterday. I have to agree that the train marking is confusing. We did the entire loop and started by following the white blaze marks. This takes you alongside the river as seen on the map. When we got to the the little open area where the church can be seen we turned down the side trail with the warning signs and looped back to the "crossroads" shown on the map. We retraced our steps for a short distance and turned left onto the pink marked trail right where a tree has fallen over the trail.. The pink markers take you up the grade to the switchback where you make a 90 degree turn onto the yellow marked trail. This takes you back to Boling Park. The AllTrails app really helps but I thought this information would also be useful because there are lots of cross trails and it can get confusing. There really needs to be a legend for the base marks but I have been unable to find one anywhere.

Monday, June 19, 2017

I will concur the markings are very difficult to follow and we ended up hiking the white markings completely off the trail. Get a printed color map.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

My husband and I want on the trail yesterday for the first time and I thought it would be 5 miles, but it turned into 8 miles because it was not marked all the way through. We were following the white markers and it stopped at around 5 miles and we had to go all the way back the way we came. Not marked well, we were extremely tired.

Monday, May 29, 2017

This place is great, I have been running these trails for a while now. No bikers just hikers and runners. These trails are open I ran there today 5-29-17. Only way it could be better is if the trails were better marked. If you park near the covered pavilion you can pick the trail head up just through the gate and then to the right into the woods. There is some loops back there just pay attention not to get lost.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Only the front gravel path is open. The back wooded section is closed.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Nice trail! Going back when all the leaves are on the trees.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

No map at the park to show the blazed trails. Great workout! Trails needs some clearing from our recent storms.

Monday, March 27, 2017

The 1 mile crushed gravel loop is in good shape and appears to be what most use. The wooded portion is in need of some love and maintenance. While still passable, the build up of leaves, pine straw and water erosion is starting to take its toll.

The wooded portion is 'ok' for trail running, just use caution on the leaves and pine straw.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

This trail is really good, you have some climbs, waterfalls and the river view. I agree the marking can be confusing, I left the map open on my phone and that worked out good. Coming back when the leaves are on the trees.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

I like this little trail. It's very easy, but i always see wildlife of some kind- that keeps it interesting

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Nice trail. Marked very good but for the white marking are very poor. Purple and Yellow is easy to follow.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Fun hike but the marking is terrible.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Good trail. Especially for being close to town.

Needs better markings. Do not depend on the white blaze...

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Hard to find from the directions given. The trail is in Boling Park in Canton GA. Drive all the way around the park to park at the end of the road. The trail is at the end of the crushed gravel loop. Loved it! Easy, but pretty.

Monday, November 28, 2016

this is literally one of my all-time favorite spots. yes it's hard to find but that's part of its charm to me. I appreciate the fact that it's in plan sight but still hidden ;) just remember sometimes you have to leave the gravel and walk along the road less traveled.

Friday, November 11, 2016

If you love trail running then you'll enjoy the speed of this trail. Excellent trail and river views. This trail has poor markings that can leave you frustrated but not lost. Enjoy the adventure!!!