Stone Tower Trail to Stone Wall Trail Loop

Stone Tower Trail to Stone Wall Trail Loop is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chatsworth, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Views from Overlook are spectacular! Hike is fairly easy... enjoyed learning about history of the tower and wall.
Great hike even when it is 20F.

I only hiked up to the wall from the parking lot but have to say I’m impressed with the wall and it’s unknown history. Very interesting to me and makes me wonder about what it’s real purpose was and who built it. Will be going back soon to do the loop. Accidentally stumbled up on this relic. Highly advise anyone to at least check out the ruins of the wall. This was on Jan 01, ‘18

It was a super instant gratification little hike. I don’t think I’d call it more than moderate. Walking up Stone Mountain, for example, is way harder than this. Great view from the overlook and the restored fire tower and lots of interpretive signage to read both about the fire tower and pre-Colombian stone wall. My dog didn’t like the open grate stairs to the overlook, but she made it through.

Parked at the cool springs overlook parking lot(also Gahuti trailhead) and hiked the west overlook trail(yellow blazes) to the overlook and then walked up the tower and back down via CCC stone tower trail(red blazes) also seeing the stone wall. This takes you down to the old fort picnic/parking area so I had to get back on overlook trail(yellow) and circle back to where I had parked.

I went on a cloudy day and that was definitely a mistake for the overlook, however, I still enjoyed the overall hike.

Awesome views so worth the hike.

great view when you go to overlook. I wouldn't classify as hard. More upper moderate.

Beautiful well maintained trail. Has an amazing view from the overlook.

Beautiful scenery.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Caught this one same day I hiked the Gahuti Trail. The fire tower and the stone wall are worth the climb.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Stone steps and gravel up to tower. Strenuous on the way up, easy on the way down.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Nice day hikes in this park.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Little rocky here or there, absolutely beautiful

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Great park. Stunning views. Unique environment. Park has plenty of amenities and staff is super nice and helpful. Honestly a gem in the rough. Hiking is easy to moderate at best. Very family friendly

Monday, October 10, 2016

Excellant Views!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Beautiful view and a worth while hike. Shaded, not too hot when sunny.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Absolutely love this little trail. When you reach the top, there is an excellent view.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Wonderful

Friday, August 19, 2016

Better then red top mountain

Friday, July 01, 2016

The views!!! And nice campground with a few easy trails.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Only walked to the outlook and back. Stunning view

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

This is the CCC Tower trail. Steep and narrow at parts

Friday, March 25, 2016

Great views, dog friendly, and nice length. We did the Big Rock Trail, Overlook Trail, and Lake Trail.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

This is one of my close by goto spots to get out for a bit. Hike then swim or swim then hike the choice is yours.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Great views and short mileage can lead to a fun hike! This is my favorite place to go during the migratory bird season!

Friday, January 15, 2016

I agree the trail could be marked a little better but overall beautiful experience highly recommend

Saturday, January 09, 2016

I can't believe this Beautiful park is right in my own backyard encourage all to go many things to do and see !!!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

The views were beautiful. My issues were that the trails weren't marked well. You started at one end, but had to hike up another. Also, be prepared to pay $5 for parking. I didn't know that you had to pay, so I wasn't prepared. This app says its kid friendly, but I wouldn't take my child on this hike. It's way too steep.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I really love scenic hikes and this was not one of them. It's a good long trail, but my friend and I got bored and when we hit the crossing at the road, we decided to short cut by walking the road a little ways. Well, we messed up and ended up going backwards the way we came. By the time we realized it, the sun was dropping and we were running through the woods trying to get to the road. We got there alright. At the bottom of the mountain and we were parked at the top. Someone who worked for the park offered us a ride up bc they knew we wouldn't make it before dark. I'm giving the extra star for that. Good people work there. But seriously. I am not doing this trail again.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Wonderful family hiking trails. I grew up in Dalton so I've been to Fort Mountain to hike many, many times. We last went on my birthday in January. Our party consisted of me, my wife, our 12 and 7 year old daughters, and our 3 year old son and our German Shepherd. I was so excited to see them restoring the old 1930's CCC fire tower there. We can't wait to go back and see the finished product. It's going to be amazing to see the views from the platform I hope. I know that the views from the overlooks on the trails are gorgeous. I do suggest that if you have children younger than 3 that you either use a baby backpack to carry them or stick with the more level lake trail. There are a lot of trip hazards that toddlers could get hurt on. It was a challenge for our 3 year old and he got tired easily. Other than that great place to hike, swim, fish, canoe, and camp. The bike trails are great too.