Stone Mountain Walk-Up Trail

Stone Mountain Walk-Up Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Stone Mountain, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Very easy short hike with an incredible ending! If your ever in the Atlanta area, I highly suggest this trip! Great for families with kids!

A quick day trip to the park while visiting family for Thanksgiving. Well maintained trail with nice facilities at the top and bottom. Since it was a holiday weekend there were a lot of visitors.

Good, quick and calming hike

Great place! During the good weather this is my workout 3-4 days a week. Don’t do this if it’s wet after a rain, the rock gets slippery as ice! Especially beautiful when the yellow daisies are blooming. Great view from the top! Love the option of going down through the woods at the point of the pavilion. A lot of the time I see deer.

Great for a fast good hike up a mountain. Put on headphones to zone out all the people and other music and just go. Great spot for training

Crowded and very touristy. The view at the top is worth dealing with all the people but I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody looking for a serine getaway. Great training for steep mountain trails.

The trail was absolutely packed and very noisy. Felt more like I was at Disneyland than a trail. The full service snack bar at the top was the icing on the cake.

Great workout. 7 miles up, down and around the moutain.

Nice moderate hike to a beautiful summit.

It was tough but worth it.

I'm town on business for a couple weeks had to hit up some spots in Atlanta and North Georgia Mountains. Stone Mountain was a no brainer, a moderate trail for sure and a decent work out. Went up for sunset and it truly is a gem for that alone. Rocks are smooth but can be slippery, the have railings for the steep section near the top.

Awesome! Even at 56 years old , still love doing this.

Walked up and rode the cable car down. Too much drinking the night before.

great cardio hike! beautiful views.

Pretty cool walk up this entirely rock/stone trail to the top where it's completely open and windy with nice views of the area.

Great hike we went in the heat of the day it was a little harder because of the heat. We still enjoyed it. I will go again.

Just a great trail!

My great aunt took me up the side of this mountain back when I was 11. This weekend I took my 13 year old niece. Very heavy traffic. Nice little climb that could be challenging at times especially towards the top. Took about 45 minutes going up. Exceptional view and would do it again

Nice hike with a steep challenge that is short and sweet. The trail is fairly obvious. The view from the top is well worth the effort.