Stanley Gap is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Ridge, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.5 miles Elevation Gain: 2,411 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Would love to hike this but it’s closed.

Ran this trail today and it didn't disappoint. Moderate may be a slight understatement if you're running this one. I started from Aska road trail head and it climbed for around 2 miles. At 2 miles you will hit the Benton McKay trail junction. There will be a slight bit more to climb until you see a small sign on the right that simply says "Rocky Mountain". Then the descending begins and its doesn't really let up until you get to Stanley Gap. I hit 4.75 at the Stanley Gap trail head. I then doubled back to complete the loop. Of course you will climb out until you really hit the Benton McKay junction and then rest assure you can turn it up from there. It's all down hill after that. I took trekking poles and used them on the return trip and they helped a lot especially since my legs were pretty fatigued once I started the 2 mile decline from the BM junction. All in all...great trail. Very challenging but not so much it can't be enjoyed. Saw 3 mountain bikers.

This was a fun and good hike. There was a couple mountain bikers on the trail. I actually took a left at around mile 4 and hit Fall Branch Falls. Basically I hoped on this trail https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/georgia/benton-mackaye-to-stanley-gap-trail to get to Fall Branch Falls. Then I went back.

For a workout and all around great hiking day - do Stanley Gap - then connect into the 5.5 mile long trail that is part of the Aska Trail Area System.

Another great trail. Saw only one cyclist - no other hikers. Hiked the 2 miles to the top of Rocky Mountain and back.

no views in summer months

we were looking for a trail with some challenge and we really enjoyed this trail. it is connected to other trails so you can make it a longer hike if you want to.

Mon Nov 05 2018

We were going to hike Flat Creek Loop, but we ran into some people that recommended Staley Gap for better views. It was a gorgeous fall day and the leaves were beautiful! We didn't do the whole hike- we did about 5 miles out and back. The hike was basically an gentle uphill climb until we reached a ridge at the top where the views were pretty looking out in both directions. We didn't meet anyone except a few bikers. Basically a walk in the woods - we usually prefer destinations, but the leaves were beautiful on November 3rd.

Sun Jun 10 2018

It’s a great exercise trail and perfect for biking.

recorded Recording - Dec 21, 10:21 AM