Sope Creek Trail

Sope Creek Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, Georgia that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

$3 Parking Fee

first time doing a MTB trail and it kicked my ass.. might stick to sidewalks for now

It says moderate but I would say more on the easy side. Trails well defined and lots of different loops you can create within the park. Great experience and very kid/dog friendly

Great trail! Low traffic, friendly hikers and bikers. Very dog-friendly. I only wish the trail was marked better - we did a little unintended off-roading. Great stick selection.

I love running here. Plenty of ups and downs and twists and turns to keep it engaging!! Beautiful Woods and river!

Easy and the perfect spot to relax

There are quite a few good hammock spots looking over the creek..

This is a good trail... for urban Atlanta. If you’re used to hiking in the Southwest, you’re probably going to find this disappointing. The forest and lake views are nice. The trail is poorly marked and easy to get lost. I’d suggest downloading the trail map. If you’re training for a Spartan Race or Tough Mudder in the Southeast this is a good trail to run and practice on.

Great outdoors. Seems like a small challenge but it’s not.

my favorite in the area

Beginer trail good hills and donwhills

We love this trail.

The trail is not stroller friendly.

wife and I enjoyed the walk.

Awesome trail. You can go multiple times and go a different way each time. One of our personal favs!!

scenic near the river. civil war ruins a plus

Have gotten misdirected twice on this trail. The markers aren't placed well and they've been vandalized too much.

We came to the trail for the first time and really enjoyed ourselves. The trail maps were helpful but I recommend using the trail map gps bc some of the trails were not obvious anymore. We saw 2 deer, chipmunks, a snake, canadian geese, and turtles while hiking the trails. We went down by the creek where there are flat rocks that were perfect for sitting and having a snack and relaxing for a little while. It was very peaceful and not crowded at all like we thought it might be. Definitely coming back to see the ruins!

Nice trail. Easy hike to the ruins. Creek is nice to wade in when the weather is hotter. Sitting on the rocks under the bridge is a nice spot. Beware what you touch. I got a severe case of poison sumac.

we got a little lost, but wonderful for hiking with my dog.

Great place to spend an afternoon. Plenty of trails and activities but the parking is a bit of a hassle. The ruins, creek and pond make for a nice day.

nice flow trails for intermediate mountain bikers... well maintained network through mature forests... lots of foot traffic within .5 mile of parking areas... additional four mile loop down to the Chattahoochee River... we clocked 9.2 miles and there was quite a bit more of even graded gravel road down by the river... it was easy to forget how close to Atlanta and traffic that this place truly is... would definitely recommend it

Sunday, April 23, 2017

I like this trail, but there's a little bit too much traffic on it for me. It is well marked, signs are everywhere, unable to get lost ;-)

Sunday, April 16, 2017

the trail was crazy, but it was on point. it was easy to get off the trail, but just as easy to get back on the trail. my wife and I did it. it was her first time ever hiking.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Nice trail system, lots of options for routes so you can visit frequently and experience a different trail/route each time. Old paper mill is really neat, you can access the river there which my dog loves. The bike trails connect all the way to powers landing for those who might like a longer hike/ride. Beware of the cyclist though, the bike trail changes direction based on day of the week and there are some steep straight aways on which you might see a cyclist flying toward you. There are also separate non bike trails which I learned to stick to, especially on weekends. Can be easy to moderate, depending on the routes you choose. The abundant signage helps you tailor your adventure to suite your needs.
Great escape so close to the city-Awesome that this is right in my backyard! (Not literally).

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Love this trail. well marked one area goes along a high ridge overlooking the river below. Love taking my food here.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Great hike in March! Well marked trail; just watch out for the bikers.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

I got lost here and it's not that big. The maps have been tampered with and need to be replaced. There is a nice pond in the middle to relax on.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Not a big fan of urban hikes but this one is pretty cool and I had the afternoon off. The trails don't offer views (to be fair some of the creek) more for locals running and mountain biking. FYI if you follow the AllTrails map you're going to be on trails that are closed for erosion control and rejuvenation. The ruins are worth the trip, very little trash and no graffiti. Neat place to take kids, definitely in the warmer months with the shallow creek. If you're going on the weekend I would recommend getting there early. I was there early afternoon on a Tuesday in January and the lot was over half full.