Sope Creek Trail

Sope Creek Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, Georgia that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

$3 Parking Fee

While hiking here, someone busted out my car window. Upon discussing with friends, it turns out another friend had a window busted out here a couple of weeks ago, and another had her car keyed. Will not be back. Seems to be a hotspot for criminal activity.

I love this trail. scramble across the huge rocks along the side of the creek.. I never finished the loop. would just go to the end of creek where it turns into private property then turn around. I'm not sure if I was using the actual trail at points. it may go up further on the hill at spots but I just stayed next to the water and climbed across the rocks. the ruins at the start of the trail are really cool as well. there are ruins that follow the creek too! civil war era hydroelectric paper mill from what I remember .. it's a 5star for the nearby area... obviously doesn't compare to some North Georgia trails lol

2nd time I've been, and this time I learned that Sope Creek Trail connects to Cochran Shoals Trail, and when they switch over there are separate maps on the trail. Both maps look very similar so you need to make sure you know which one you are on.
We walked an extra 3 miles going to the wrong parking lot.
I was still a great hike, but it's a good thing we weren't in a rush to get out.

One of my favorite trails in the Atlanta area. On the easier side of moderate, but a great workout nonetheless. Wide paths, nicely shaded, and dog friendly.

This is an easy, well shaded trail with decent signage and lots of options to explore. The mill ruins by the creek are definitely worth seeing! Very pretty for an in-town hike, but there’s a good bit of noise from nearby roads. On the plus side, it was not as crowded as expected for a beautiful Friday in the springtime.

very kid friendly. nice for pets too. Unfortunately the signs aren't very informative.

first time doing a MTB trail and it kicked my ass.. might stick to sidewalks for now

It says moderate but I would say more on the easy side. Trails well defined and lots of different loops you can create within the park. Great experience and very kid/dog friendly

Great trail! Low traffic, friendly hikers and bikers. Very dog-friendly. I only wish the trail was marked better - we did a little unintended off-roading. Great stick selection.

I love running here. Plenty of ups and downs and twists and turns to keep it engaging!! Beautiful Woods and river!

Easy and the perfect spot to relax

There are quite a few good hammock spots looking over the creek..

This is a good trail... for urban Atlanta. If you’re used to hiking in the Southwest, you’re probably going to find this disappointing. The forest and lake views are nice. The trail is poorly marked and easy to get lost. I’d suggest downloading the trail map. If you’re training for a Spartan Race or Tough Mudder in the Southeast this is a good trail to run and practice on.

Great outdoors. Seems like a small challenge but it’s not.

my favorite in the area

Beginer trail good hills and donwhills

We love this trail.

The trail is not stroller friendly.

wife and I enjoyed the walk.

Awesome trail. You can go multiple times and go a different way each time. One of our personal favs!!

scenic near the river. civil war ruins a plus

Have gotten misdirected twice on this trail. The markers aren't placed well and they've been vandalized too much.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

We came to the trail for the first time and really enjoyed ourselves. The trail maps were helpful but I recommend using the trail map gps bc some of the trails were not obvious anymore. We saw 2 deer, chipmunks, a snake, canadian geese, and turtles while hiking the trails. We went down by the creek where there are flat rocks that were perfect for sitting and having a snack and relaxing for a little while. It was very peaceful and not crowded at all like we thought it might be. Definitely coming back to see the ruins!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Nice trail. Easy hike to the ruins. Creek is nice to wade in when the weather is hotter. Sitting on the rocks under the bridge is a nice spot. Beware what you touch. I got a severe case of poison sumac.

Friday, May 19, 2017

we got a little lost, but wonderful for hiking with my dog.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Great place to spend an afternoon. Plenty of trails and activities but the parking is a bit of a hassle. The ruins, creek and pond make for a nice day.

Friday, May 05, 2017

nice flow trails for intermediate mountain bikers... well maintained network through mature forests... lots of foot traffic within .5 mile of parking areas... additional four mile loop down to the Chattahoochee River... we clocked 9.2 miles and there was quite a bit more of even graded gravel road down by the river... it was easy to forget how close to Atlanta and traffic that this place truly is... would definitely recommend it

Sunday, April 23, 2017

I like this trail, but there's a little bit too much traffic on it for me. It is well marked, signs are everywhere, unable to get lost ;-)

Sunday, April 16, 2017

the trail was crazy, but it was on point. it was easy to get off the trail, but just as easy to get back on the trail. my wife and I did it. it was her first time ever hiking.