Sope Creek Trail

Sope Creek Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, Georgia that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

$3 Parking Fee

7 minutes ago

We came to the trail for the first time and really enjoyed ourselves. The trail maps were helpful but I recommend using the trail map gps bc some of the trails were not obvious anymore. We saw 2 deer, chipmunks, a snake, canadian geese, and turtles while hiking the trails. We went down by the creek where there are flat rocks that were perfect for sitting and having a snack and relaxing for a little while. It was very peaceful and not crowded at all like we thought it might be. Definitely coming back to see the ruins!

Nice trail. Easy hike to the ruins. Creek is nice to wade in when the weather is hotter. Sitting on the rocks under the bridge is a nice spot. Beware what you touch. I got a severe case of poison sumac.

we got a little lost, but wonderful for hiking with my dog.

Great place to spend an afternoon. Plenty of trails and activities but the parking is a bit of a hassle. The ruins, creek and pond make for a nice day.

nice flow trails for intermediate mountain bikers... well maintained network through mature forests... lots of foot traffic within .5 mile of parking areas... additional four mile loop down to the Chattahoochee River... we clocked 9.2 miles and there was quite a bit more of even graded gravel road down by the river... it was easy to forget how close to Atlanta and traffic that this place truly is... would definitely recommend it

I like this trail, but there's a little bit too much traffic on it for me. It is well marked, signs are everywhere, unable to get lost ;-)

the trail was crazy, but it was on point. it was easy to get off the trail, but just as easy to get back on the trail. my wife and I did it. it was her first time ever hiking.

Nice trail system, lots of options for routes so you can visit frequently and experience a different trail/route each time. Old paper mill is really neat, you can access the river there which my dog loves. The bike trails connect all the way to powers landing for those who might like a longer hike/ride. Beware of the cyclist though, the bike trail changes direction based on day of the week and there are some steep straight aways on which you might see a cyclist flying toward you. There are also separate non bike trails which I learned to stick to, especially on weekends. Can be easy to moderate, depending on the routes you choose. The abundant signage helps you tailor your adventure to suite your needs.
Great escape so close to the city-Awesome that this is right in my backyard! (Not literally).