Smith Creek Trail

Smith Creek Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1935 feet

Directions from Helen: Take GA 75 north 1 mile. Turn right on GA 356 and drive 1.5 miles. Then go left at the entrance to Unicoi State Park. Follow the signs to Anna Ruby Falls parking area.There is a parking Fee

Pretty much like others said. Nice hike, some trees down here and there but nothing impassable though one tree was a little challenging to get around. I had my fat dog with me and we both managed.
One area needs to be marked better as the path splits into two and I imagine it could confuse some people.

It was a fun hike but you probably want to be in decent shape as opposed to out of shape before doing it.

We used All Trails and it showed 5.2 miles each way. There are still quite a few trees down across the trail but you can still get around them. 2:46 from Unicoi and 2:20 back. The falls are spectacular, the trail just so-so.

We got here a little late in the day so we didn't get to finish the trail. I'm writing this more to warn people. Since Irma came through there are a ton of trees down over the trail that are interesting to navigate. For hikers of all levels. Also, after the first .5 mile to mile, I would venture to guess about 80-90% of the trail is covered in fresh foliage and branches, making it difficult to see trip hazards and ankle twisters and also making it a bit slippery in some areas. Be careful out there. Great trail and will go back.

Enjoyed this hike but noticed it's infested with spiders (hiked Sept 2017). I actually faced planted a web and felt the spider crawling on my face. Nice payoff with the falls at the top and plenty of room to rest and grab a snack.

Nice hike with the kids.

This is a beige trail at best. Great cardio workout; but other than Anna Ruby Falls; nothing notable to see on the trail. Having said that, if you're seeking solitude, never saw another soul.

Great hike, no one on the trails, waterfalls were very awesome.