Settles Bridge Park Loop Trail

Settles Bridge Park Loop Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Buford, Georgia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail is in the Gwinnett County Park at 380 Johnson Road, Suwanee 30024

Decent hike that's on the harder side of easy. There are a few inclines to get your heart rate up. It seems there are images here from the nearby park as well (any including a lake as a huge open river) whereas sticking to the loop trail just has small stream access.
The trail has lots of cut-throughs made by pedestrians that could confuse hikers into thinking the paths aren't marked. But there are enough markers to get where you're going safely.

I really enjoyed the nature trails but was easily confused by many of the trails not being marked. I would come to a fork in the path with nothing marked as to what direction I should take or where the path would lead me to. If I did not have my phone, I would probably still be in the woods.

Too many different sections. I did not find the trail easily marked at all. In some sections I had to check that I was even on the trail because it was covered with so many leaves and the brush wasn't really dense, so it got a little confusing at times. If I didn't have this app on my phone, I swear I would still be lost in there.

Plenty of free parking and easy to find. The trails are clearly marked and the paths give you numerous options. My dog and I loved the dog park we ran into at the end!

Friday, December 02, 2016