Selma Irwin Nature Trail

Selma Irwin Nature Trail is a 1 mile loop trail located near Milledgeville, Georgia that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

Love this trail, but it's not 1 mile...it's 4.5-5+. No bathroom facilities. There is a small lake.

I had a great time with my 6 year old on this trail, my only complaint is that there are no markings. There were some splits in the trail and we weren't sure which way to go. Luckily he made it the entire long loop, with some breaks to play in the stream.

Very pretty trail. Great walk along a beautiful stream. Many ferns and small flowers just starting to pop. Definitely worth a visit.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Well cal chapman, what did I not understand? I know the trail is mainly for mountain biking. I know that there is much more than the short trial shown. My GPS map showed we did over 5 miles of trail. A mile is a mile whether it is on land, on air or sea and whether or not it is on a bike or in your shoes. Is it because I found beautiful scenery where as you did not? I posted many cool pictures of the area. In my opinion there was much to see, if you only take the time to look. Heck I even scored the place the same amount of stars you did! I don't understand what it is that you took offence to?

Sunday, July 17, 2016

I am not sure why people are saying "not much scenery" and such. I think these people must be jaded from looking and city parks and gardens. I found much beauty along this technical trial. The Map is a bit dated. We did over 5 miles of hiking on this trail and never double backed on a single line.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Selma is pretty technical. It's definitely not for beginners and the trail is full of roots so it'll beat the hell out of you. It's a challenge and a whole lot of fun. Best in the county by far.