Seagrove Lake Trail

Seagrove Lake Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near St George, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

If this is the Swamp Island boardwalk trail, Fitbit says actual mileage is 1.3 miles round trip. Pets are also not allowed on this trail, though I didn’t know that until after the fact when I stopped at the visitor center and got a hiking map that stated so. If there was a sign at the trailhead, I missed it. So did another pair of walkers who had a small dog that they let poop on the boardwalk and left it - I’d imagine this is the reason dogs are no longer allowed.

If this is not the boardwalk trail, sorry for the misinformation. The boardwalk is on some of the photos so I’m assuming it’s the same trail. Anyone know?

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Beautiful! Perfect depiction of Florida. Lots of wildlife!

Friday, January 15, 2016

our family goes every Spring. it's nice and very easy walk.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

So much to do and see. Trails well marked. Boardwalks over swamps and a great tower outlook

paddle sports
Saturday, August 15, 2015

Fantastic! Just did a day kayaking trip (didn't camp overnight). The website says to "avoid summer" and we decided to disregard this advice. Was worried about heat/mugginess and mosquitoes, but to our surprise it was quite pleasant! Not a single mosquito. I recommend getting on the water prior to sunrise if going this time of the year (mid-August) so it's still relatively cool.