Rock Outcrop and Watershed Trail

Rock Outcrop and Watershed Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Stockbridge, Georgia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was cute! Not a real hike but still pretty and we climbed on some of the outcropping

love these trails

If you time it right the wildflowers are just amazing. Well worth your time and especially if you are in the area.

nice, easy trail. the watershed trail was closed until further notice, though.

Nice easy trail with bike path and fishing

Easy trail with nice scenery.

Great views! Easy hike! My children love it.

Friday, August 19, 2016

It was okay. There wasn't really much to see on the route we took, but the exercise was good and the Pokemon Go signs were funny.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The park is a wonderful work in progress. Many improvements and a lot of history. The Park Rangers are very helpful, knowledgeable and passionate about their park. Beautiful view (on a clear day excluding most Georgia humid summer days) of Stone Mountain. Perfect place for anyone who loves geology. I'm a north Georgia girl but, my daughter and I were very pleased with our visit and hike.

Monday, May 23, 2016

We grabbed this park on our muddy spokes tour. It is paved and well maintained. It is a little more difficult than it lets on,as you have steep climbs and switchbacks that are occupied by hikers and families out enjoying the park mind your manners and be polite to all you meet.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Saturday, January 02, 2016

For young children or the elderly. Very boring might as well be walking on a side walk. Just go to Arabia Mountain.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

First off, the park is beautiful and is deserving of more than 3 stars. However, we paid to go camping a their "hike in" campsites and were extremely disappointed to find cars there - and they were Boy Scouts. Anyway, the campsites were actually fairly nice and the hike to them was not far at all. Unfortunately, they surround a pretty nasty looking pond (or black bog) that was a mosquito magnet. There was also a taped-off abandoned house right across from one side of the campgrounds - creepy. We decided not to stay and took off on a hike around the lake. We forked off onto what appeared to be a paved walking track that was not longer maintained that wound through a swampy area, eventually leading to an archery area on the backside of the lake. There was a picnic table there, so we dropped our packs and fixed lunch, then enjoyed a couple of hours in the neatly mowed, wide-open fields near the lake. Saw some deer and a limpkin in the swamp. The weather started out with the threat of rain, but cleared up and ended being sunny and very hot.
Overall, the park is very nice. Lots of people fishing, walking, and running. I was very disappointed in the camping though...just not what I expected at all. I would definitely go back with my family under different circumstances and give it a higher rating.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013