Rock Hawk Trail

Rock Hawk Trail is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Eatonton, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and fishing and is accessible year-round.

orange, yellow and green. great hike til you get to tall grass at end of yellow and beginning of green. then you pick up small ticks. but great hike. 7.5 miles I think.

Very nice trail. We completed the orange trail with the red loop. We showed we completed 4.05 miles in 1.5 hours. We took one small short cut. We took a cell phone picture of the posted map at the trail head and that helped us to not get turned around a couple times. We really enjoyed the hike and will definitely come back.

Went back for a second hike. Took a map provided at the start, glad I did; still found arrows pointing in wrong directions. But finished the Orange + Red trails. Beautiful trail; great look at Lake Oconee. Can't wait to build up stamina so I can add other trail sections to my hike.

I really like this trail and found the markings very easy to follow. There's a nice pass of the lake, too. You'll need to watch your step, though, for some well-camouflaged roots and rocks in spots!

Orange trail is a nice trail for a beginner, except the trail isn't marked well. I followed an arrow on an orange sign, which took me down a short cut trail, instead of keeping in the proper trail, it lead me back to where I started. :/

Walked the orange trail starting at the rock eagle viewing post and too the shortcut back from 3. Nice, easy walk. Didn't see any wildlife other than s couple birds. Caught some nice glimpses of the water from the trail.

This was a WONDERFUL hiking trail! It is actually beneficial to visit in the winter; hardly anyone on the trail, and some beautiful views of numerous species of birds, the water, and if you are lucky like us, you will see a stunning red fox! Will be back, it was perfect!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Great for recreational boating and fishing. The lake presents some fantastic views and wildlife is abundant. The area has many areas around the lake for hiking, biking, scenic trails, and an archery trail.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012