Rock Dam Trail

Rock Dam Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Appling, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, mountain biking, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! I did this trail on my birthday and it was my best gift. I repeated the loop twice and ended up doing 12 miles that day! It’s great to see the trail from both visial perspectives. Great for dogs and the trail is appropriately marked, however, don’t leave without the map if you’re not familiarized with the trail, you might end up looping endlessly. Anyways, can’t wait to go back!

One of my favorite trails close to home! Wasn’t extremely difficult (I am a beginner) and many beautiful streams to cross over!

Well marked nice trail. Due to length and some steep sections and unmaintained stream crossings, I would not recommend it for a beginner, but it's a good hike.

Really well marked, be aware if it’s rained recently you’re going to get wet shoes stepping across creeks. And yes, if you are pressed for time like I was, there is an unofficial trail down the second creek, so you can clip off the last loop of the trail if you need to. Although I was really glad not snake season quite yet!
Fyi, you do have to walk down Cliatt to get to the start of this trail.

Awesome views, several water crossings that allow dogs to drink and very well maintained...trail markers are very frequent and unmistakable, if you get lost on this trail, you don't need to be in the woods. Elevation gains aren't steep and long lasting, although I'd consider this a moderate trail because it is physically challenging and would not recommend for someone who is completely out of shape based on terrain alone.

Love it!

Great trail that is clearly marked throughout.

I hike this trail with my parents and dogs and found it extremely fun although my parents were worn out by the end, do not hike this trail if you aren’t experienced or have problems with your knees or any other part of your leg.

It was a fun well marked trail

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Nice loop trail. Pretty easy, good for conditioning.

Monday, December 19, 2016

this was a beautiful trail!

Saturday, March 11, 2017