River Loop Trail

River Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oak Hill, Georgia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A light traffic trail with nice loop to the river. Part of the trail is a long open field/road which is a little underwhelming, but overall a decent trail for a nice afternoon hike. Had my GSD off leash and she loves the trail. Great for dogs.

Easy trail. Part is just a road. The part along the river is a trail. Only a few places you can actually get out on the rocks in the river to picnic or lay out.

Lots of fun, especially along the river

beautiful!

Saw no one else! Leash free!! Beautiful river!!!

Next time I go I would pass the gate and stay to the right that way you are going down hill. There is a clear path but the shrubs on the side touch your legs so be aware of poison ivy. I brought my old English bulldog and he did great! He loved it! I did find a few ticks on his paws which freaked us both out, other than that we had fun. The water was nice and cool for the both of us. I ran into one biker and that was it. I would go back again.

Great hike, trails could be marked better. Very few people on the trail.

Great little 4 mile loop. Plenty of places to walk out in the river, even a swimming hole along the way. Only a couple of inclines. Took our dog and he loved it. There were only two other cars when we parked on a Sunday early afternoon and didn't pass a single person on our hike. This is definitely a hidden gem right outside of Ellijay.

Not well marked, but a clear trail. There are many side shoots at the beginning and end. From the parking area, pass the gate and choose left all the way to the river. It's beautiful. Pack a lunch and hang out at the river for an hour or two. Plenty of swimming and sunning spots. The back end of the loop follows the river for a bit. Once you're offered options again, choose right every time to loop back to the parking area. The tail end of the loop isn't as scenic, but it's a short portion of the hike and 85% is fantastic. My dog loved it. Saw very few people, he was fine roaming. Awesome day, a decent enough workout and cool and relaxing by the river. Went in late June; would be nervous in hunting season.

Nice river views

If you want a workout hike counter-clockwise. It was beautiful.

We enjoyed the relaxing walk. Its right, walk it left round to avoid tough elevation ;)
our dog got a lot of ticks