Point Park and Craven's House Loop

Point Park and Craven's House Loop is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lookout Mountain, Georgia that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I'm giving a 3 star rating because when I hiked this trail there was a copperhead in the middle of the path. I had made it about halfway and there are steep dropoffs and narrow turns. I did not complete the course because of the snake. Be careful on this trail.

Loved the views

gorgeous views

The trail is dog friendly with great views!

Awesome historical hike with lots of rock climbers, memorials, and cannons! Some trails are overgrown but that makes them more fun. Dog friendly and lots of friendly people.

Walk from Craven House to Point Park. A bit scary through the woods because there are steep dropoffs down the ravines. The view of the city is at the end, and it's quite lovely. You can also just drive up to Point Park and Craven House (the drive to Craven House is scary because of narrow steep dropoffs as well).

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

great views and fun obstacles

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Very Fun

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

My family and I hiked from point park to sunset rock via bluff trail. My youngest whom is 4 years old, did very well for his first time. My wife and daughter had fun leading the way. My son and I were just concentrating on getting him down the trail. It was all worth it when we saw the view at Sunset Rock. We hiked back to the car using the roadway. All in all a great trail and great day.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

This was an amazing hike on my visit to Chattanooga. Highly recommend to keep hiking to the top of the mountain....great site seeing, monuments, and of course the awesome view of all of Chattanooga! *Just remember where you parked sadly there were two people who got lost and forgot where they came since there is multiple trails.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Great trail, great views. Path gets a little narrow and the parking is tight. The road leading to the trailhead is very narrow so use caution. It's definitely worth the effort.

Monday, April 03, 2017

It's a chill and cool spot to hike, with great views of the city

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Great trail! We love seeing the cliff faces and the rock climbers throughout the hike. It's a hefty uphill hike up to sunset rock, but definitely worth the view!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Very fun!

Friday, April 22, 2016

Great

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I need to correct my earlier review. The trail I was referring to was the paved tourist trail of lookout mountain and Rock City. That was very nice and I enjoyed casual sightseeing.

I have not hiked the canyon lookout trail.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Casual paved trails offering very nice overlooks and handicap accessibility. Well worth the time to see all seven states at the top. :)

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Great trails offering a range of hiking difficulty, beautiful vistas, areas for picnics, camping, cabin rentals, swimming, and nice areas of handicapped accessibility .