Pocket Loop Trail

Pocket Loop Trail is a 9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chickamauga, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2011 feet

I agree that it's probably best to run this trail during the winter. It's not a trail that is properly maintained, it had a Lot of trees down. It was easy to see the blue trail markings though so I didn't get lost. You have to have a license to fish or hunt or a Lands Pass to park on the property so know that before you make the trip out. It's very technical for running but I had a great time. I didn't get to do the whole loop so I will be going back. I will probably bring a friend next time because you are very secluded on this trail.

Recommend for winter only. Overgrown bushwacking on logging roads and streambeds. Mediocre views. You're better off doing the wildflower loop and hiking up the first quarter mile of pocket loop to see the waterfall.

Great day for hiking mid 70's. Me and Millie dog knocked it out today in 3 hours

I enjoyed this trail The entire route took about 5 hours. But we weren't in any hurry. Just enough elevation to be a little challenging with plenty to see. I would definitely do this north to south

This trail was definitely tough but the views are worth it. Definitely bring your own water.