Pitner Rd Dogpark Trails

Pitner Rd Dogpark Trails is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Acworth, Georgia. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for trail running and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We've known about the dog park since it opened but we just recently learned about the walking/hiking trails behind the park. Pleasantly surprised would sum up our feelings! We hiked half of the trail today and LOVED it!

Excellent for trail running! Keeps you on your toes with all the twists n' turns.

First let me say that I loved the Dog Park. Only a few dogs when I went which was nice since it was my dogs first time at one. Met some very nice people. I absolutely loved to see my dog run around free without a leash. He had a blast...

Afterwards we did the Turtleback Trail which was longer than I expected or so it seemed but we walked the whole trail from beginning to end. We also saw there was another trail connected called the Red Baron trail; we did not do that one. The only downfall was it was not wide enough for two people to pass by one another. It was fine though since it was me and my dog and about 3 bikers and 1 runner.

We will definitely go back!!!

Turtleback trail. I Run this trail more often than any other by 10x. All woods. Rolling and twisty. Fun loop. Add the Red Baron trail for another 1.5 miles.

Not much of climbing but not too much down hill. It's a good starter area. Your not going to have jump off your bike and push up hills too much here. A nice flow to the trail so it fun. Down side is lots of which backs and roots. The minute you get any speed you slowing down. Good parking and very clean area. I will be returning to hit the trails another direction and too take a few branch off there.

My dog and I went here after visiting the dog park. I really enjoy this trail. It was quite, and nice. Only birds and heavy dog breathing could be heard.
I gave it a 4 star because the path isn't wide. Two people coming with dogs can be an issue.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Nice trail but a lot of mountain bikers. You need to walk the opposite direction of the bikers and pay attention down trail so they do not run into you.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Nice trail for hikers. Definitely confusing as far as markings went. Pretty foliage. Not too strenuous.

Friday, October 14, 2016