Pitner Rd Dogpark Trails

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(96)
Lake Acworth Park

Pitner Rd Dogpark Trails is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Acworth, Georgia. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for trail running and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 216 feet Route Type: Loop

Pretty slippery this time.

We followed the 2 red bar path about halfway and then followed the same bars through the woods (off a path) and it was a shortcut that brought us to our starting point. It’s not indicated on the trail map but good to know.

Okay trail mostly a bike trail

Easy hike. Saw a few runners and bikers. Little elevation change.

Wouldn’t really call this a hike more of a very easy walk in the woods. No elevation changes and not much to see.

This was the Turtle Back Trail, moderate, starting and ending at the dog park.

This is definitely a mountain biking trail. It’s well worn and well marked but VERY narrow. I went trail running on a weekend and it was heavily trafficked with bikes. Would not recommend for hiking with small children. Would also not really recommend for trail running because of the multitude of rocks and roots. It’s an ankle killer unless you tend to run slower and are very careful.

Solid trail! Love the access to additional trails for riding.

great hike.

Wed Apr 17 2019

I did the Turtle trail and found it to be a easy hike with not much elevation change. It would be suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels as long as you are aware of its distance of around 4 miles. The entire trail is through the woods with lots of shade which makes it great for young children and hot sunny days. The only downside is that it is narrow as others have said, no more than 2 people wide at its widest, so when bikers come by you have to step off the trail. The trail head can be found by walking along the fence of the dog park. Happy Trails!

What a long hike! Turtle Back, Voodoo, and (most of) Mumbai Jumbo trails. Enjoyed it, but too many switchbacks to my taste. No issues on any part of the trails. Not 1 bike passed me, but it might be b/c it rained the night before?

Mon Jan 07 2019

Muddy after all the rain we have had, but wonderful hike. Plus, the dogs enjoyed the dog park.

Sun Jan 06 2019

Very muddy after it has been raining- wear waterproof hiking boots. Nice moderate 4 mile loop path through woods, well-marked with triple red bands & trail signs throughout, had cell reception the whole time to check map. Path is narrow, but it is quiet (only saw 3 other people hiking & 2 bikes). Great dog park @ trailhead & playground/picnic area. My dog loved it here.

Mon Dec 24 2018

Hiked Turtle Back on Christmas Eve with dogs. Approximately 4 mi loop. Trail a bit muddy, due to rain, so few mtn bikers out there. Made for a great afternoon.

Wed Jun 20 2018

When I first went here, I was confused as to how big the park actually was. After a little bit of walking around, I found that the trail was alongside the dog park and it was fairly nice. Multiple different paths, which stretch for a long time and very easy to walk on. I went whenever it wasn’t very crowded, so, I can imagine if there were more people there it would’ve been more difficult to maneuver around, but, this is definitely a very fun and easy hike in the woods. There Is also a children’s playground, so, if you just want to go for a nice day at the park, this is definitely a nice place.

Sat Dec 30 2017

Nice trail. Dog enjoyed the hike too. Wish the trail was a bit wider and had more open vistas.

Sun Nov 12 2017

We've known about the dog park since it opened but we just recently learned about the walking/hiking trails behind the park. Pleasantly surprised would sum up our feelings! We hiked half of the trail today and LOVED it!

Sun Oct 01 2017

Excellent for trail running! Keeps you on your toes with all the twists n' turns.

Tue Aug 29 2017

First let me say that I loved the Dog Park. Only a few dogs when I went which was nice since it was my dogs first time at one. Met some very nice people. I absolutely loved to see my dog run around free without a leash. He had a blast... Afterwards we did the Turtleback Trail which was longer than I expected or so it seemed but we walked the whole trail from beginning to end. We also saw there was another trail connected called the Red Baron trail; we did not do that one. The only downfall was it was not wide enough for two people to pass by one another. It was fine though since it was me and my dog and about 3 bikers and 1 runner. We will definitely go back!!!

Sun Jun 11 2017

Turtleback trail. I Run this trail more often than any other by 10x. All woods. Rolling and twisty. Fun loop. Add the Red Baron trail for another 1.5 miles.

Fri Apr 28 2017

Not much of climbing but not too much down hill. It's a good starter area. Your not going to have jump off your bike and push up hills too much here. A nice flow to the trail so it fun. Down side is lots of which backs and roots. The minute you get any speed you slowing down. Good parking and very clean area. I will be returning to hit the trails another direction and too take a few branch off there.

Thu Apr 13 2017

My dog and I went here after visiting the dog park. I really enjoy this trail. It was quite, and nice. Only birds and heavy dog breathing could be heard. I gave it a 4 star because the path isn't wide. Two people coming with dogs can be an issue.

Tue Oct 25 2016

Nice trail but a lot of mountain bikers. You need to walk the opposite direction of the bikers and pay attention down trail so they do not run into you.

Sat Oct 15 2016

Nice trail for hikers. Definitely confusing as far as markings went. Pretty foliage. Not too strenuous.

Fri Oct 14 2016