Pinhoti Trail is a 56.9 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Dalton, Georgia that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

Great trail. Rough terrain, strenuous elevations, beautiful scenery and overlooks. Well marked trail, with limited water access. Great camping.

Love hiking on this trail. Rarely run into another person.

did a 2 day stretch here in july. 35 miles. we only came across 1 water supply so make sure you pack plenty of water. also depending on where you start finding a camp site cam either be really easy or a nightmare. there are stretches where you just cannot find a flat or safe camp site, and other areas like the clover field we came across(we were shy by .25 mile from this site our first night and if we just spent 10 min more would have found it) that was a page out of the bible, glorious heaven. i would suggest a partner, the trail could be very lonely, very rarely traveled, and i brought a safety device for this reason. all in all i would do this trail again in a heartbeat

Great trails challenging but fun. Happy trails

Saturday, February 11, 2017

The area between Pilcher's Pond and Snake Creek Gap is a nice hike but not very scenic.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

My girlfriend and I looked for the trailhead in Dalton, Ga but could not find access to the trail, anywhere despite seeing signs for it all over the place.. Sadly, we left disappointed

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Is a great hiking trial , I just walked like 2 hours , but the view is great and the way is rocky and quiet !!!! Makes me fee super relax :) God is great !!!▶️▶️▶️⤵️✔

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Perfect spot for an amazing view.

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

I recently hiked section 7 of this trail. Beautiful views. Parts can be rough over all great hike. I couldn't figure out how to do it, but it would be great if someone could post all 31 sections so we could correctly mark the sections we hike. :)

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Great trail. Rough terrain, strenuous elevations, beautiful scenery and overlooks. Well marked trail, with limited water access. Great camping opportunites.

Saturday, March 11, 2017