Pine Mountain Summit via West Loop

Pine Mountain Trail is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cartersville, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 623 feet Route Type: Loop

There are two loops connecting Pine Mountain - the East Loop and the West Loop, 4.31 miles total with scenic views. This is a rugged and challenging hike that reaches 1,562 feet above sea level. Once you reach the top of this mountain you will be at the highest point in the City of Cartersville.

Very diverse trail with a great view and really cool valleys. I got lost a few times on some side-trails, but if you’re watching the map it isn’t hard to navigate.

Love this trail. One of my favorite running trails.

Best to having hiking boots on here over trail shoes as it is rocky, but what a great hike! Also if doing the loop, need to be sure of time of year and sunset as once the trees start to fill, it will get dark very quick coming back out to the trial head, as you’re in a ravine.

Counter clockwise more gradual than the other. Great view at the top. Rocky!

Nice upward climb and beautiful view, can see all the way to Atlanta when clear. Had to stop a few times huffing and puffing and there are A LOT of roots and also can be rocky on the trail.

Nice easy trail to the summit. The elevation makes it a little difficult but not terrible. The leaves covering the trail make the footing a little slick so be careful. Beautiful view of the foliage surrounding the mountain. Would do this again and again

Nice trail if you want some exercise. The David Archer lookout spot is quite scenic, but there will be a few people with you on the trail at times because it is so small and short. I would do this one just to grab the view but probably won’t come back unless I want exercise or practice trail running.

It’s not a scenic view until you reach David Archer Overlook which is fantastic. It is a moderate trail depending which loop you take. Most of it I will consider it easy. It is easy to get lost if not paying close attention which happen to myself but easy to get back to trail if you use this app wisely. I will recommend for anyone to come.

Best view for a sunrise hike!!

Leisure hike with a southern panoramic view

Nice trail, good condition. Great view from the top.

This trail was amazing! The view at the top was breath taking. It’s more challenging than Red Top Mountain’s Sweet Gum trail. I like this one because it’s also closer to I-75. The trail is very well marked.

One of the best Trails I've ever ran. I'm not sure how any petty little crybaby could write this anyting below a 5. I would assume they're not really hiking trail material. I couldn't have a complaint if I tried to make one up for this Trail. It's very well-maintained it's absolutely gorgeous head to toe and one of the best workouts I've ever had. I Sprint until I can't anymore slow Jog and walk and repeat. Leading me to have some of the best cardio in my entire life. The David Archer Overlook is absolutely stunning giving you the best view around area to look forward to you make it to the top.

Tackled the west loop with the family today. Great trek but the map is deceptive, the left side that shows no switchbacks was every bit as challenging as the other. Overall, great hike and the view at the top was well worth it.

Hiked and (ran where I could) the west and east loop and to the top of the look out. Got right at 5 miles. Nice elevation gains to get a good workout.

First time at the full moon hike. There were a lot of people that showed up. Wasn’t expecting it to be a big turn out like that. It was a nice walk. The weather was great. Definitely have a flashlight ready when you go the trip down is extremely dark. Enjoyed it very much. Will be back for sure!

This was a nice trail the a year ago and before hand, but not anymore. Every switchback has been cut to the point to where you couldn't make out the trail if this was a first for you. Honestly it really surprises me how disrespectful people can be. And if for some reason you smoke while hiking pack your butts out.

Loved it. Super rocky so wear good shoes. Only negative was it got right in some Spots when opposing people would come down. My boys adored all the boulders though and larger rock formations. We also took our 20lb mini Aussie and she kept up well.

Did the west trail. Nice hike. Pretty steep. Great view at the top.

Nice view at the top. Took my dog we had fun. Got some good pictures to.

recorded Pine Mountain Trail