Pine Mountain Trail

Pine Mountain Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cartersville, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are two loops connecting Pine Mountain - the East Loop and the West Loop, 4.31 miles total with scenic views. This is a rugged and challenging hike that reaches 1,562 feet above sea level. Once you reach the top of this mountain you will be at the highest point in the City of Cartersville.

Liked the hike, but could have been marked better along the way how far away you’re from the parking lot, etc.

A good alternative to Kennesaw Mtn, which gets crowded at times. I like the more strenuous trails and this one provides a good workout. Nice view from top. East loop can also be used for MTB, but you better be in good shape.

Excellent trail. Completed both the east and west loops, as well as all side trails. This made it an enjoyable 8.5 miles in all. Nice mix of elevation changes that provided a real workout. Well-marked and maintained. Highly recommend.

Great trail, well marked and easy to add distance for a more challenging hike. Pay attention (or snap a pic) of the trailhead map to help plan your course. Moderate fits the trail well, with its rising and falling inclination and weaving course.

Nice, short, family-friendly hike. Easy parking and lots of people. We hammocked near the summit and enjoyed a lazy afternoon.

I did both loops today and that pushes it past moderate.

Walk along the creek on the east loop nice and peaceful

Local favorite.

I hike a lot. That said, the double loop is sneaky challenging. Great hike and i like that there is the connected, figure 8 loop (East and West). You can decide to do more or less distance depending on how you feel mid hike.

Beautiful views from the top! Nice trail.

I love this trail!! It is right off of 75 and the hike burns some calories going up to the summit. Nice summit but I would recommend going early especially if it is nice outside to avoid crowds.

Great trail, I like to hike both sides for burning calories. The view at the top is nice. Highly used trail, you will not be alone put there.

Initially my thoughts were bothered by how busy the trail was for an early Saturday morning but once I got going I was pleased with the challenges presented on the trail. It is rated moderate but honestly there are quite a few portions of the trail that are rather difficult. There are so many craggy rocks and tree roots throughout that without proper footwear it’ll be too hard to navigate. Enjoyed it and will do it again.

Went on this hike this morning with one of my friends. I am out of shape right now, but I am working on getting better. We hiked both loops and while it was a workout, it was worth it. It was busy, especially coming from the west trailhead as many people just come to do the quick hike to summit for the view. Definitely go if you are in the area.

really busy trail, but we'll worth it for the views at the top

Great view, but the East loop is better in my opinion. Very rocky/tons of roots, but not too strenuous.

I love taking my pups on this trail so much! It’s definitely one of my regulars; the view is amazing and it’s never too crowded when I go there. Pretty cool that they do tour guides Saturday mornings!

Great hike and beautiful view at the top!

my husband and i love this place!! we bring his daughters and get a good workout with a beautiful treat at the top. you can see the Atlanta skyline.

Nice view from the overlook and decent workout doing both loops.

It was a moderate hike with a great view of Cartersville. The trail was not much to speak of but the view was worth the hike.

Loved it, though there are several points that are beyond moderate in my opinion.

very cool added some other legs to it

Great hike for those that don't want to drive to North Ga. Spectacular view at summit between East and West loops. This hike is moderate and most people will be able to complete this hike and feel like they accomplished something.

Go right at the start.

lov it

This is the best trail I have ever done!! I gave it a four star rating because of the rocks. Other than that it was awesome!! It also was a great view when you go to the top!!! I would definitely recommend this trail!!!

I loved this trail! Challenging with a gorgeous view at the end. Be sure you have on good shoes because it is very rocky in some sections.

Pretty strenuous hike up with a lot of cut throughs. This trail is worth it for the view you get at the top. Bring your hammock and chill before descending. Dog friendly