Pine Log Creek Trail

Pine Log Creek Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rydal, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Caution: These are hunting grounds.

great trip for a day hike. dogs love it.

Very nice trail. Will do again.

Loved the seclusion - very lightly trafficked on weekdays.

Great trail. Needs more markings on trail. But a very fun trail to hike. The quarry is a added bonus. Definitely recommend this trail.

I love this trail! I’ve been there four times in the past week. It’s clean, relatively not busy, and dog friendly. The quarry is beautiful to see and take a break at. My pup loves taking breaks in the streams along the way. This is my favorite trail in the area, hands down!

Great trail. I plan on going back

Definitely do this hike! It was raining but it made the temperature colder which was nice.

I'm not from around here and I always use All Trails to find good hiking spots when I'm traveling. This spot was so great, a lot of different scenery, different options for trail length, and the little rock quarry was a great surprise!!!

BEAUTIFUL trail. Designated gravel parking lot at trail head. Trail and loops are well-marked. Great inclines throughout. Gorgeous scenery, especially in spring/summer months. Cool rock quarry at one end of the trail.

I went on a Saturday morning about 9am. Only met one other person on trail to quarry. There was a group at quarry. Nice hike with a few moderately steep climbs. There are long runs of nearly flat trail with pine needles or leaves hard packed. Most of trail is either rooty or rocky, with big rocks or numerous roots in the climbs and switchbacks. I use walking sticks because I have a bum knee and feet, but I felt comfortable the duration of hike. Just sore and tired coming back. I didn’t take my eyes off the trail a whole lot because I didn’t want to trip. There were a few pieces of litter along the way. But trail is well cleaned and maintained. By the time I started back, it was a little more crowded. I passed at least 8 groups and 6 dogs on the way down. People def like taking poochie there. Leash is required.

Beautiful fun hike- more challenging than most trails ranked moderate which made it more exciting. The quarry is gorgeous and I will definitely hike out to it in the summer. My dog Halle loved it too!

What an excellent few hours of hiking out (and Back) to the Quarry.
I'll be back
Bare to the right on W Loop.. to the left on E.

I live close so it’s one of my favorites. The rock quarry is nice and the history is cool.

The quarry was like something out of a king Arthur book....yeah. Magical.

love it
so peaceful
dogs live yo run here

I loved this hike. It was very peaceful and there weren’t many others on the trail. The trail was very well maintained and easy to follow. And the rock quarry was so pretty

An overall quiet hike, well maintained. Most of the hike follows the creek and when it is not by the creek you are still surrounded by lush moss and green vegetation

Love this hike! I’ve been here 3 times this week. I’ve done the counter clockwise once and clockwise (slightly more tiring) twice. All three times I clocked in at 5 miles exactly. Trails are very clearly marked. Great workout, beautiful rock quarry.

Trails were confusing at first. A few unmarked splits but all in all it’s a great little loop. Will be back out there again.

stunning!!! the rock quarry is breathtaking. I would suggest going in the fall. the colors were fantastic when we hiked it a few years back.

West loop today and it was great. The view on the back side is incredible to walk. No traffic and pure tranquility.

Great hike in the winter when the leaves are off the trees and even better after a good rain when the water is up. The rock quarry is beautiful.

Fabulous hike! Wished we had brought our ENOs! Quiet, well maintained. Loved the variety in vegetation during the hike!!! Head left for a more strenuous start or go right and you’re only 30 min from a beautiful little rock quarry pond. 4+ miles, fairly easy with a few little “up the hill” grunts from the older, out of shape folks. We definitely will be back!

We really like this trail. I wish others would keep their dogs on a leash as required. Also guys pick up your dogs poo or take them off trail. We love animals but follow the rules on this awesome trail.
The trails are we’ll kept and great views. We have been hiking here for three years and love it. Thanks Bartow County.

2/22/18 Low vegetation on the steep side of the mountain. More moss on the gradual side. very little wildlife. We saw one snake at the pond. We only saw four people on this hike. We still had fun and so did the pup!

Great hike not a lot of hiker in the morning. But a lot as we were hiking out still a great day in the woods

This is an amazing hike.

Very few hikers on this trail, and the quarry was beautiful.

Beautiful trail with lots of creek views. Good elevation so need to be in decent shape. Perfect on a sunny day!!

Two friends and I enjoyed a hike here yesterday. It was a much-needed break from weeks indoors! Light traffic as usual. A little muddy in places due to snow earlier in the week- just had to be careful. Weather was perfect!