Pigeon Hill to East and West Loop Trail

Pigeon Hill to East and West Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kennesaw, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pigeon Hill and Burnt Hickory loops is located near Marietta, Georgia. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes 1-3 hours

great hike, challenging !

Great trail

Fun trail to run on!

Great day for a family hike, went with my kids (11 & 8) and wife it was tough but we truly enjoyed the challenge, the view at the top and the family time. Take enough water and snacks for the hike because it's no walk in the park. Good hiking shoes are a must for climbing rocks and walking over loose gravel on decent.

Hard. Very hard. Not sugar coating it for you. I walked from pigeon Hill to big kennesaw and it was 3.34 miles. It was a lot of straight up hill and rocks.
Bring bug spray and a lot of water. I thought I was in okay shape, but that quickly changed my thinking.

I like to take Pigeon Hill to top of Big Kennesaw, down to visitor center, then back. Great workout.

I love this trail! To make it more difficult I start at Pigeon Hill and walk all the way to the top of Kennesaw mountain then back down the way I came. Instead of going down the mountain towards the visitor center and back around the mountain. I used to do this hike daily after work before I moved further away!

Good hike with views of Atlanta skyline at summit. Park has free museum and educational video of Battle at Kennesaw Mountain.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Beautiful day for a hike!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Took this trail many times while living in the area. Easy to moderate hiking. Very nice.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Favorite hike in Atlanta. Little Kennesaw Mountain is the best stretch of trail. The mile from the Visitors Center to the top of Kennesaw Mountain is the very crowded, especially on the weekends.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Love

Monday, September 12, 2016

We took the Red trail. Trails are well-marked and well cared for. There are some rocky areas to navigate but the trail was wonderful! Take water with you because there are no water sources on the trail.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Loved it! We had the kids and it was a little difficult for them..... But they pushed through! We will be coming back very soon!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Starting at Pigeon Hill and ascending he twin peaks of Kennesaw Mountain, the the sharp descent back to the Visitor's Center and a pleasant walk/hike back on the East Trail makes for a very nice hike.

Friday, June 24, 2016

okay for me this is NOT moderate this was hard. so so worth it but, hard!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Good local trail for staying in shape or conditioning for bigger hikes in north Georgia. Expect a lot of foot traffic.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Another solid local hike. lots of foot traffic

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A great after work hike. Usually more traffic until you get to "Little Kennesaw Mt," after that it tends to get a little more quiet. Great to use for training for longer treks. It's nice to take a rest at pigeon hill, very serene. Lots of awesome history, too.