Pigeon Hill to East and West Loop Trail

Pigeon Hill to East and West Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kennesaw, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pigeon Hill and Burnt Hickory loops is located near Marietta, Georgia. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes 1-3 hours

20 minutes ago

Great hike, quite scenic but also quite busy on the trail around the visitor’s center. A little bit of confusion at the top so maybe a few more trail markers but I would definitely recommend.

Good trail to hike with inclines that are challenging though not too long. Many rocks make foot placement awareness a must! Hike on!!!

Great hike! As others say it’s more challenging than some other “moderate” hikes with a decent amount of incline and rocky paths. Most of the challenge is front loaded, assuming you choose to start straight up Pigeon Hill (clockwise on this map). Also worth noting the visitors center with restrooms is about 3.5 miles in. It is on the more crowded side, so if being alone on the trail is your thing, then this one isn’t for you.

great hike, challenging !

Great trail

Fun trail to run on!

Great day for a family hike, went with my kids (11 & 8) and wife it was tough but we truly enjoyed the challenge, the view at the top and the family time. Take enough water and snacks for the hike because it's no walk in the park. Good hiking shoes are a must for climbing rocks and walking over loose gravel on decent.

Hard. Very hard. Not sugar coating it for you. I walked from pigeon Hill to big kennesaw and it was 3.34 miles. It was a lot of straight up hill and rocks.
Bring bug spray and a lot of water. I thought I was in okay shape, but that quickly changed my thinking.

I like to take Pigeon Hill to top of Big Kennesaw, down to visitor center, then back. Great workout.

I love this trail! To make it more difficult I start at Pigeon Hill and walk all the way to the top of Kennesaw mountain then back down the way I came. Instead of going down the mountain towards the visitor center and back around the mountain. I used to do this hike daily after work before I moved further away!

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Good hike with views of Atlanta skyline at summit. Park has free museum and educational video of Battle at Kennesaw Mountain.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Monday, October 10, 2016

Beautiful day for a hike!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Took this trail many times while living in the area. Easy to moderate hiking. Very nice.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Favorite hike in Atlanta. Little Kennesaw Mountain is the best stretch of trail. The mile from the Visitors Center to the top of Kennesaw Mountain is the very crowded, especially on the weekends.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Love

Monday, September 12, 2016

We took the Red trail. Trails are well-marked and well cared for. There are some rocky areas to navigate but the trail was wonderful! Take water with you because there are no water sources on the trail.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Loved it! We had the kids and it was a little difficult for them..... But they pushed through! We will be coming back very soon!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Starting at Pigeon Hill and ascending he twin peaks of Kennesaw Mountain, the the sharp descent back to the Visitor's Center and a pleasant walk/hike back on the East Trail makes for a very nice hike.

Friday, June 24, 2016

okay for me this is NOT moderate this was hard. so so worth it but, hard!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Good local trail for staying in shape or conditioning for bigger hikes in north Georgia. Expect a lot of foot traffic.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Another solid local hike. lots of foot traffic

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A great after work hike. Usually more traffic until you get to "Little Kennesaw Mt," after that it tends to get a little more quiet. Great to use for training for longer treks. It's nice to take a rest at pigeon hill, very serene. Lots of awesome history, too.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kennesaw is the best! Great trail moderate to strenuous

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I loved it! I was very happy to have my light walking stick (heavy trail sticks not needed for this hike) the views were very nice and I met very nice people along the way. As far as the terrain it could be difficult if you decide to take the pigeon hill trail to the top of the mountain there are quite a lot of rocks and a moderate elevation if you are not in shape or not prepared it could be tough going. The only complaint is that the signage was terrible I mean basically non existent. I saw a lot of folks not aware of which trail they were on or where they should go. I would highly recommend this hike if your ever in Marietta :)

Sunday, April 14, 2013