Panther Creek Trail is a 11.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Turnerville, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Panther Creek Trail is along US 441, 14 miles North of Cornelia. Turn left, following the sign, onto Glen Hardman Road. Immediately take a right onto Old 441; signs for the trailhead are in 1 mile. There is a $4 parking fee in the recreation parking area if the free parking on the side of the road is full.

Attempted this hike a couple of weeks ago, but there was a wasp's nest on the trail and we got stung! Will be returning to try again soon, with longer socks and quicker speed. Everything was fine until then. Trail was quiet and pleasant on a Thursday evening.

Great for a moderate hike and a pretty waterfall at the end. Camped there a few times and will continue to go back!

Great little hike. Didn’t take but 1.5 hours to get to the falls. Pack a swimsuit as it a beautiful place to swim if the weather is right. Great because it follows the trail. Trail can get slippery when wet. Saw two snakes so best to be on the lookout.

This was a Super Hike! We only hiked to the Panther Creek Falls, which was plenty!
7 miles round trip and we had no desire to go beyond the falls. It was a warm day and there were plenty of people and dogs! We had lunch and waded into the water. Delightful! The hike was pretty energetic with so many uphills, and downhills with tree roots for steps and boulders to slide down or climb up. We will definitely hike this trail again in October or November. There are many visitors to these falls and it was pretty busy on the Sunday we were there. Next time we’ll go during the week.

The hike was nice being right next to the creek the whole way, was soothing hearing the mini rapids. The falls was like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, well in a sense. :)

awesome hike! lots of spots to camp. some difficulties but just take it slow and practice safety you will be fine. most of the trail is an easy walk. enjoy!

My second time here. Definitely worth the drive from Orlando.
What I like about this trail is that you are hiking along the water.

You definitely need to be in shape for this one! We kept going after the first waterfall which led to another waterfall. I thought it was a moderate hike but it was too much for my husband. I had 2 liters of water and he had 3, and we both ran out about a mile from the trailhead, making the last bit very difficult. I would recommend this trail in the cooler months; July was too hot and there were a lot of wasps

I will say I liked this trail, but there are some things that people should be aware of. 1. Wear hiking boots/shoes. There are lots of roots and wet spots, you'll want a little grip. 2. carry 2 bottles of water per person. If you do this during the summer you'll definitely want it, if not a 3rd. 3. I took my mom. She's not a hiker and It was a trail I had never been on before. This trail was very difficult for her. She didn't get all the way to the end as she was worn out. 4. The last part of the trail is harder and more steep, just be prepared for it. It also has downed grab fences because of trees in that area. It's a very pretty waterfall and a good workout. I will be going back and enjoying nature there again. Happy trails all.

Live very close to Panther Creek. I have done the trail at all times of the year. It is always beautiful.

One of personal favorite waterfalls in Georgia. I am totally in love with this beauty. A fabulous hike to the fall a great workout of about 7.5 mile. I have visited here quite a few times and ready to be there anytime again.

Had a wonderful hike today with my wife. The falls are so worth the trip. But as others have said boots not shoes. I'm also looking to go back and enjoy some camping along the trail.

Very nice hike to the waterfall and back out the same way, which is 7 miles and is what most people do, as the part past the waterfall to the other trail head is very steep and difficult. The 7 mile hike that we did to the waterfall and back is along the creek and very fun, with ups and downs and boulders and such to climb around. You can swim at the pool in front of the waterfall, and many people set up hammocks or tents and hang around for the day. Lovely.

Be cautious after rain, muddy steps on steep inclines make this trail dangerous

Some of these reviews were making me nervous to do it, but it ended up being not too bad. To experience the falls from the lower level was amazing and definitely worth scooting on our butts with a 70 lb pit bull. We couldn’t find the part with ropes. Always use caution though, it’s that slick dirt, thank goodness for all the roots and trees. Pictures on my instagram! @mcken__z

Moderate is a good description for this hike. The beginning has some hilly areas with the middle a mostly flat jaunt through the woods. As you near the waterfall, the trail becomes more difficult but it’s worth it!! I love trails that follow the streams so that you can hear the rushing water for the majority of the hike. Beautiful waterfall!!

Great trail! Get there early to avoid the people, gets busy fast. Wonderful waterfalls and an awesome workout. My pup loved it. Some spots were tricky but then again my dog is blind. Totally would do this trail again.

Warning to folks hiking from the east trailhead near Yonah Damn: four large downed trees across the already treacherous part above the creek about .6-.7 miles in. Not passable for most dogs and a workout for humans. Must have been a tornado or microburst because it seemed to be the only part effected.

It was a great hike! You definitely need to be in shape because, on the way back it’s rough!!! The waterfall is beautiful

Lots of roots grown just right for stubbing toes. Some easy rock faces to cross, and some helpful wire guides to keep from falling. The Falls are worth seeing, but the litter is not. I came out on a Tuesday morning in late July and came across a dozen people.

great hike for a quick backpacking trip!

Beautiful there and back trip, with a water fall at the end to make it all worth it.

Great trail! good sight seeing can be slippery not a lot of bugs problems. Fun for camping! The waterfall is worth the hike great view of scenery !

slightly challenging but fun! it was muddy and humid when we went but nothing unbearable. Wearing dri fit clothing helped with that. There were about 5 campsites along the trail before the warerfall that I think would be great to stay at.

I guess I came on a good day! First off, 7 miles round trip from trailhead. First cross of the creek is a good halfway point. Very clean trail. Passed about a half dozen folks going in and another half dozen going out. About a dozen at the falls while I spent an hour chilling. Very well maintained and clean trail and falls area. Hiked alone but could've taken my dog and children. Only a few moments on the trail where a fall would've resulted in injury. The last mile or so is tricky with some maneuvering over rocks and across some water but overall very straightforward. Loved it. Reminded me of an Hawaiian trail with its vegetation, diversity of terrain and ultimate payoff of the falls at the end. It's a must hike if you're within 100 miles. Do not skip this trail!!

If you like a challenge with beautiful views, then this is the trail for you. 7.5 miles of pretty easy hiking, until you get near the end. The end has some pretty dangerous, risk taking challenges. The waterfall and beach at the end is worth every step.

Gorgeous trail, beautiful falls. 7.5 mile round trip with substantial hills, rocks and roots. The drive alone (3 hours from Chattanooga) was amazing. However, I have never seen so many people on a trail in my life. Heavily trafficked is an understatement. We went on a Sunday and easily passed 100 people. The amount of litter was obnoxious too. I packed out 5 water bottles we saw just laying in the trail. And some jackass dropped trou and took the most ungodly crap right in the middle of the trail, complete with tp. Not sure how they managed that with people passing you every 2 minutes, but there you have it. We had a great day and I'm glad we saw it and can mark it off the waterfall bucket list, but we won't be back.

a goldie

It's actually about 7.5 miles round trip. Love this hike because it's an actual hike, not a walk. Lots of scrambling over rocks, roots, etc. but plenty of chances to cool off in the creek and the falls at the end are beautiful. Many campsites, would be a great overnight. We saw lots of dogs, but personally I'm glad I didn't have mine because of how many steep and rocky sections there are. Recommend in the summer for swimming!

I went there with my boyfriend and cocker spaniel. It was a challenging walk to the waterfall. Some areas were steep going up or down. It’s helpful to have walking poles or a large stick for stability. Wear some good hiking boots!!! When you get close to the waterfall the walk down is incredibly steep so be careful! There were a ton of campsites on the way to the waterfall. Although it says to keep your dog on a leash, if your dog would pull you, don’t bring them.