Olde Rope Mill Park Avalanche Trail Loop

Olde Rope Mill Park Avalanche Trail Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodstock, Georgia that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

whitewater kayaking

The trails here: Explorer (~3.5 miles total; dirt) Avalanche (~6.25 miles total; dirt) The Mill (~5.1 miles total; dirt) Trestle Rock (~.5 mile; paved) Each dirt trail is made up of loops that are "stacked" so you can choose your mileage. Mtn bikes have priority, but foot traffic is welcome. All trails here are directional by day of the week. The directions below are for mountain biking. If hiking/running, go the OPPOSITE way of the bikers! Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri Clockwise or To the left Tue/Thu/Sat Counter-Clockwise or To the right

Great little park. Lots of places to swim, bike, hike or hang a hammock. A popular launch spot for kayaks too. Parking is really limited, so you might have trouble finding a spot on the weekends, but there's an overflow lot that's not too far of a walk. I find if I come here closer to dusk I need to wear bug spray, which is my only real complaint. There's lots of pools of standing water along the trail we generally walk, which just breeds mosquitoes. I get eaten alive here if I'm not prepared.

geocaching

Great place to geocache as well as beautiful scenery

I go here quite frequently because it's only a ten minute drive from my house. I love the walk and my dog enjoys splashing around in the water. The only cons are the lack of parking and the crowds. On sunny days expect to park far away and deal with high traffic on the trail.

good trail some spots are deep and Rocky when you hit the RR tracks I have made it half way! not a trail I recommend for smaller children as you can see above I got stuck carrying my 3 yr 3 miles

Because of the snow and ice the road to the park was closed not far down from the gas station. Added about .8 miles more to the hike to get into the park. Perfect cold winter weather for a hike, no bikes but there was some idiots on quads and four wheelers tearing up the sod near the picnic pavilion.

An adventurous balance of switchbacks and small elevations, Avalanche 1 and 2 loops are dotted with beautiful ferns in a lush hardwood forest above the Little River. Twice I passed white water below.

Traveling against the mountain bike traffic is no problem. Most travelling on wheels are friendly enough to thank me for yielding and let me know if they are aware of more bikes behind them.

Most of these are really mountain bike trails and not so much hiking trails. There's a couple hiking only trails to the old rope mill, but I'd stick to Kennesaw Mtn or Pine Mtn to get any real hiking cardio in.