Oak Ridge Trail

Oak Ridge Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mc Rae, Georgia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very easy, well-marked trail. I hiked it with my 73 yr-old father, 8 yr-old daughter and our dog. Great for this, though be careful of alligators near the water with your dog. Also, parts of the trail aren't shaded and it can get hot, so bring water. Lots of places to stop and sit. A very nice easy hike. Main trail is marked red. Short trail is yellow. Don't miss the cypress forest boardwalk just off the main trail. It's really neat. You likely won't see another hiker.

This was a nice, sandy trail. A good walk in the woods. It is marked with yellow for the short loop trail and red for the longer trail. It starts near Group Shelter 2. There were several benches if you wanted to rest. I saw a large woodpecker and alot of animal tracks. I took the shorter loop. Afterward, I stopped and had a picnic lunch and took some pictures of the lake. It was an easy trail and well maintained.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Just as described, this trail transverses several types of vegetation in a short distance. The turkey oaks on a sandy ridge and the cypress swamp could hardly be more different. This is a very easy morning walk and good for children.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Super easy! I ended up going around three times and got back just in time for a beautiful sunset over the lake :)

Monday, December 14, 2015

A great an easy Hike.Although this trial is easy I was stupid and it got late and I got lost, but I knew I was on the right trial and got to the picnic area right at the right time.But a great trail no Complaints.Just use your head and you will be alright.

Saturday, June 18, 2016