Neels Gap to Blood Mountain

Neels Gap to Blood Mountain is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Loads of fun and beautiful sights

Great uphill day hike with lots of rocks and beautiful rhododendron thickets. The views are wonderful! It was definitely chilly, with the wind whipping through when we reached the top. There is a shelter and some camping sites at the top. Took just about an hour to get to the top with the elevation gain.

Love the Mountain Crossings Outfitters. Great hike with some elevation grabs, nice trail can be busy at times especially Saturday and Sunday's.

Great moderate hike with excellent views and always busy.

I absolutely love this small section of the AT. The overlook is beautiful, especially when the Mountain Laurel is blooming. Bring a camera!

My all time favorite. Did this one last October just before the wild fires were out of hand. Hiked early morning in the dark for the sunrise, daylight beat me before I could get to the top. Lots of campers from the intersection of the Byron Reese Trail and the AT up to the summit.

Always great to be on the AT. After parking 1/2 mile north of Mountain Crossing we headed up Bryon Reese Trail to join the AT to Blood Mountain. Temperature was about 40 degrees with overcast skies. Wind was howling at 15-20 mph. After all the rain lately, water sources were everywhere. Even the summit had water if your willing to scoop water out of rock pockets/holes.

After lunch on top of Blood Mountain we headed over to Slaughter Mountain via the AT and Duncan Ridge Trail. We found a faint trail off Duncan to take us to the summit.

Great hike with great friends.

Awesome views. Pretty easy to hike and has a shelter on the summit

Fun and challenging hike with beautiful views at the top!

great hike with great views from blood mtn, weather permitting. crowded on weekends and peak seasons. be sure to take in Mountain Crossing outfitters

We arrived around 9:30am and parking was tough! Next time we will arrive even earlier. This hike was tougher than my husband and I expected but the view was worth it! Unrelenting rocks/boulders at a steep incline the majority of the way. Our two dogs handled it well but they are very active dogs. I would not recommend taking dogs who are not used to hiking. I would not recommend this trail for children.

Great hike-- dog friendly too. We added loop to come back down on Freeman trail from summit. Parking lot was full so had to park about half mile down the road.

Great hike but harder than expected and very congested. Expect lots of contant climbing of rocks. just remember the view is worth it! Not recommended for kids. Parking is limited.

This was a decent trail for intermittent trail running. The trail has some big boulders on the path. It also has some steep elevations.