Neels Gap to Blood Mountain

Neels Gap to Blood Mountain is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A great hike! Relatively constant incline at first subsides to a more comfortable hike towards the top. There's some scrambling and one part with sheer rock face, if I remember correctly. Fun hike.

Had a wonderful night up above the clouds at the top. Saw plenty of wildlife, not as many people as other reviewers experienced and the shelter wasn't as scary as some of the legends make it out to be. The best sunrise I've ever seen in my life was at the summit. I loved it.

Great trail , great views , good workout !

Awesome hike, our second time up. Went back through Vogel state park the second time. Very nice trail down to park but a few extra miles. A strenuous hike, hard.

one of my top fav, but if you really want to challenge yourself , park at woody gap and hike to blood mountain, 18 miles out and back. amazing trail.

Great uphill day hike with lots of rocks and beautiful rhododendron thickets. The views are wonderful! It was definitely chilly, with the wind whipping through when we reached the top. There is a shelter and some camping sites at the top. Took just about an hour to get to the top with the elevation gain.

Love the Mountain Crossings Outfitters. Great hike with some elevation grabs, nice trail can be busy at times especially Saturday and Sunday's.

Great moderate hike with excellent views and always busy.

I absolutely love this small section of the AT. The overlook is beautiful, especially when the Mountain Laurel is blooming. Bring a camera!

My all time favorite. Did this one last October just before the wild fires were out of hand. Hiked early morning in the dark for the sunrise, daylight beat me before I could get to the top. Lots of campers from the intersection of the Byron Reese Trail and the AT up to the summit.

Always great to be on the AT. After parking 1/2 mile north of Mountain Crossing we headed up Bryon Reese Trail to join the AT to Blood Mountain. Temperature was about 40 degrees with overcast skies. Wind was howling at 15-20 mph. After all the rain lately, water sources were everywhere. Even the summit had water if your willing to scoop water out of rock pockets/holes.

After lunch on top of Blood Mountain we headed over to Slaughter Mountain via the AT and Duncan Ridge Trail. We found a faint trail off Duncan to take us to the summit.

Great hike with great friends.

Awesome views. Pretty easy to hike and has a shelter on the summit