Mountaintown Creek Trail

Mountaintown Creek Trail is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ellijay, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Ellijay: Take GA Hwy. 52 west for 5 miles. Turn right onto Gates Chapel Road and go about 4.9 miles to the end of the pavement. Turn right onto Forest Service Road 90 and go 1.7 miles to the junction with Forest Service Road 68. Turn right and go 3.3 miles to the T-intersection. Turn right onto Forest Service Road 64 and go 7.1 miles to the upper trailhead.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Friday, April 29, 2016

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What a beautiful trail with some amazing little primitive camp spots along the way. There's a hillside filled with trees that would be amazing to camp out in the snow that's roughly 3 clicks from the tumbling waterfall. I loved this hike. I say its easy as listed however, a few other seasoned hikers claimed it to be easy to moderate. We also trekked it twice in a day. I highly recommend this hike to anyone. Beautiful!

Friday, November 13, 2015

Has some good creek views. Some primitive camp sites along the way.
Steep descent first mile off forestry road 64. Has multiple creek crossings , but all are shallow.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

We did this trail this weekend. It was a pretty hike and counted around 11 creek crossings. Mountaintown Creek Trail left us tired and sore with many unwanted wildlife encounters like a nest of yellow jackets that were not happy and a copperhead that fell right beside my cousin while he was putting on his shoes. Putting aside the encounters, the creeks were pretty and trail was well marked. We used a nice campsite that was about 3.6 miles in.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

I didn't care to much for this trail. Just alittle too straight forward. Most of the creek views were off the trail and hard to find. I really don't think it lived up to what everyone says. Could be just me.

Friday, February 25, 2011

the trail for the most part is fairly easy. has some cool waterfalls