Mount Yonah Trail

Mount Yonah Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Going north on hwy 75 out of Cleveland GA towards Helen GA turn right at 2nd intersection of Tom Bell Road. Western Sizzlin is on the corner. (Tom Bell Road forms a loop with Hwy 75). Turn left onto Chambers Road. Turn left at the yellow and brown Mount Yonah Trailhead sign. Follow gravel road to parking lot.

A great day hike. My wife and I really enjoyed it.

Awesome adventure! We hiked later in the day than normal but we were prepared for the dark. Beautiful scenery. The hike up got our blood pumping. The gorgeous views were well worth making it to the top!

This place was amazing ! Not gonna lie, the hike up was pretty difficult. Took me and my boyfriend about 2 hours to get up with a few water breaks. The view was TOTALLY worth it tho!! If your dog is in shape I recommend you bring her/him. There was so many doggies !!! The Mountain is quite big so even tho the place was packed there are loads of places to lay down, hang an eno, and enjoy the view. Hike down however was super hard on my ankles. I rolled probably 35 times. Watch out for tree roots! But over all one of the best places to hike !! (:

Great trail. Not too difficult, not too easy, just enough to feel like you were active. Took about an hour and 20 to get to the top with stops for photos. Lots of people on a Saturday of all ages, and lots of dogs. Get there before 11 for parking

Love this mountain! Beautiful when you get there for sunrise!! Doesn’t feel like 4 miles. Very rocky and there are a few cut throughs but be careful because the cut throughs are very steep.

Great trail. Beautiful scenery, challenging and steep in some locations. Met some nice people on the trail. I will definitely come again.

LOVE. YONAH. SO. MUCH. I've hiked Yonah 3 times now and it will never get old. Yes, the hike is definitely difficult but you can choose if you want to take the long, leisure route (still tough) OR there are some "short cuts" where you can do some bouldering & add a bit of extra sweat to the hike! Either way...the view is fantastic!!! I highly recommend camping on top of the mountain so you can watch the sunset without hiking down in the dark!! 15/10 would most certainly recommend!! If you're considering Yonah...DO IT!! If you're worried about the difficulty, it was the first mountain I ever climbed &if I can do it...you can DO IT!!

Fun hike with some steep inclines and rocks but still dog friendly. Couple of wet areas near the top: Two nice view points! Somehow got off the trail and thought it was just me, but two other groups did the same that were also first timers. Found our way thanks to those that posted their track on this app! Coming back down I used the app and couldn’t tell where I got off track on the way up! One of the best hikes in GA that I’ve been on.

Love this trail! This was my second time hiking it. First time I hiked, I did it alone at sunset and hiked down in the dark on a Monday. Very few people on the trail so that was nice. Trail is pretty well marked with bright green blazes. Has a couple down trees due to a recent storm. Amazing views and great camping spots. Second time I hiked with a group of friends in the early morning on a Sunday. Lots of people on the trail on weekends, so either get up really early, or go during the week. I don't think it's a very difficult trail, but I am 24 and in shape. My dog loves this trail also. Lots of rocks for him to jump over. Would be 5 stars if it had a cool waterfall. Can't wait to come back and stargaze at the top one night!

Great views with multiple rock outcroppings and over looks along the way. Even found some bolts for rock climbing about half way up.