Mount Yonah Trail

Mount Yonah Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Going north on hwy 75 out of Cleveland GA towards Helen GA turn right at 2nd intersection of Tom Bell Road. Western Sizzlin is on the corner. (Tom Bell Road forms a loop with Hwy 75). Turn left onto Chambers Road. Turn left at the yellow and brown Mount Yonah Trailhead sign. Follow gravel road to parking lot.

Pretty tough hike but so well worth it once you see some of the views.

Getting my butt up that mountain was definitely a great work out but it wasn’t as challenging as I thought it was going to be based off the reviews. Also... I was super nervous to bring my dogs after reading the reviews as well but my two 60+ lbs dogs made it up no problem!! They really enjoyed it!! Super fun hike.. well maintained trail... only downside is there was a scorpion in the bargirls bathroom

Hike/walk. The incline is absolutely killer but it’s a great workout and the views are gorgeous, on the way up and very rewarding at the top. Recommended!!

Tough hike for me but well worth the views at the top. Will do this one again.

Good hike

Hike killed me but great view

Steady climb all the way up. Some great views at the top. Fun trail.

Tough hike but well worth it for the panoramic views! Will go again for sure.

Great day for a hike, weather was 73 degrees and didnt really see anyone until I got to the top. Views are incredible.

Very hard for me but the view is definitely worth it

Make sure you bring hiking boots very rocky in some parts. Spectacular views on top.

Awesome hike if you’re looking for a bit of a challenge. Lots of steep & rocky areas that make the trail more difficult, but the view is great! I don’t hike very often but would do you this one again!

Decent incline .. I’m happy I didn’t bring my dog because there were spots I wouldn’t have been able to traverse.

It was difficult but a lot of fun. Great to be able to let our dog off leash, it's also necessary, since there are areas that would have been near impossible trying to traverse them while dealing with the dog. Our dog did the climb fairly easily but she's a great dane and I can see where you may have to carry small dogs.

Very challenging however worth it! Gorgeous views!

I loved it..challenging in places, but well worth it!!

very challenging. my 8 year old son completed this hike! I'd do it again.

Tough climb with amazing views.

took the ranger trail, rough trail, hiked it when the last hurricane winds was coming in, loved it great trail to hike.

One of my favorite hikes. The view as are incredible.

The uphill hike is pretty difficult but the view at the top is worth it!

one of my favs very difficult climb

One of the toughest trails I’ve hiked in north Georgia but it is completely worth it for that view. It’s very steep and you have to go around lots of boulders but pace is definitely the trick. I can’t wait to hike this one more often!

My sister and I hiked this trail all the way to the summit this past weekend. We clocked it at being over 6.5 miles though, from the trailhead to the summit and back. Definitely a harder trail, and not very dog friendly (you’ll likely end up carrying your dog at some point or another). It is set up in three obvious stages, the first being the White Wall clearing about 2 miles in, the second being another clearing with a fire pit and unkempt restrooms, and the third being the actual summit clearing. The cliff wall has amazing views as you hike to the summit, and is a great spot for pictures and enjoying the scenery. The main trail is well marked for the majority of the hike, with neon green plates nailed into the trees along the way, and a few red markers for paths that are not official trail. Great spot for climbing if you follow a path off from the White Wall clearing too. There are restrooms in the parking lot, but they were locked on during our visit.

rock climbing

Awesome trail lots of places to climb the trails where fun but we had a blast blazing our own and then climbing to the top. Not to many people if you get there early in the day. I honestly think that this trail is on the easier side of "Hard".

One of my favorite difficult trails to hike when visiting my mom! Great exercise and the view makes it well worth it.

Great hike ! Really gets the blood pumping. Beautiful views. Start earlier and you won’t have to deal with high traffic.

It’s a climb to the top with little relief. Breaks up into the 3 stages. Very much an accomplishment hike. You can see where you going from the moment you park. Rewarding views.

this was a great hike. However I do not recommend bringing dogs . I had to carry my German Shepard at one point.

One of my favorites. Afterward we usually drive over to Yonah winery and enjoy a glass of wine for our reward