Moon River at Downing Piers

Moon River at Downing Piers is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Savannah, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

When you are on the trail, stay to the right for easy trails. Stay to the left if you want mountain biking trails.

This trail is really beautiful, definitely my new favorite spot in the low country. I would LOVE to see a clean up effort because there is quite a bit of debris and trash that is littering the shore line. Better trail markers would be helpful but overall, this trail is a treasure.

Trails are good. Saw some wildlife, but also ran across more than a little trash, from inconsiderate people.

We enjoyed this hike! It's not well marked (not marked at all, really), and we missed a couple miles of it, but we saw lots of wildlife in the 3.5 miles we walked. Within the first 5 minutes, there's a swampy area on the left side of the trail, and we spotted a baby alligator, maybe 18 inches long. First alligator I've seen in GA since moving here two years ago! We saw tons of bird species, a decent-sized deer, and lots of lizards. Will definitely walk this trail again soon!

Friday, February 03, 2017

Very good trail to run on, when you can actually find it! At the beginning, the trail is very good but not marked at all. You definitely need to follow the map. Once you cross the road, the trail doesn't really exist anymore because of downed trees and probably floods and hurricanes. I followed the powerlines back to the road and was able to get back onto the trail.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Beautiful scenery, great workout. Trail is moderte to advanced skill level riders on the waterside trail. the trail more inland it's easier for beginners.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

During the spring and early summer this is a great spot for Blue Crab fishing. The pier has great blue crab, but the best place to hit some large crabs 6 - 8" is in the back creek behind the parking lot during low tides. My brother and I have easily scored a bushel a piece at this pier. Have also caught puffer fish, whiting, and sharks.

Sunday, July 16, 2017