McDaniel Farm Park Trail

McDaniel Farm Park Trail is a 0.9 mile loop trail located near Duluth, Georgia and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this park and I have to disagree with the ease of this park. It has a few hills to climb and one is very challenging. The size is bigger too. It takes a good 30 to 45 minutes to walk depending how fast you walk. The entire park is over 2 miles.
I can only imagine the .09 miles this app is referring to is the upper part of the trail surrounding the well preserved houses and barn. Regardless, I really enjoy it.

Great spot that keeps expanding and getting enhancements. Good paved trails, but also a nice array of dirt trails off the beaten path. Diverse landscapes, including streams, forests, and old farm fields. Nice place to take a walk or run, but also a good birding spot if you enjoy nature.

It was awesome to walk amongst the wildlife. Squirrels & deer alike!

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Friday, October 02, 2015

It is a very nice park. Very few people on the trail so you can enjoy a nice and quite walk. Have seen deer couple of times on this trail.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015

This jewel of a park is just minutes from my work and I never knew until I found it on this site. This secluded get-a-way is perfect after a stressful day a work. I spent nearly 2 hours and covered just over 4 miles of trails. There is both a paved path that loops the park and over half a dozen soft trail paths that travel between the loop.
This park will awaken your senses. I spent several minutes watching the butterfly dance to the music of the breeze, birds of many variety caught my eyes with their beautiful color and please my ears with their beautiful song. A huge(and I mean huge deer) startled me as it ran just to my left off one of the side trails and then just a bit later, off of the paved path, a small deer was grazing in the grasses. Folks, take you time and take your binoculars; take in the wonderful sights, sounds and smells that are just around the corner of the busy Gwinnett Place Mall area. You'll feel like you are in another world.
Also, the upper section of the park is a that has buildings that have been restored to depict a typical 1930 farm in Gwinnett County complete with interpretive signage. This just another reason that makes this park perfect for all ages.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The McDaniel Farm Park is 134 acres that is tucked among suburban Duluth strip malls and residences. (Don't let that deter you. You'd never know it. Deer and wildlife are abundant.)

Within a trail network that covers 3 miles, McDaniel Farm Park has a 0.87 mi Heritage Farm Trail that winds around a restored 1930s subsistence farm. Along with the farm house are various outbuildings to include a barn, blacksmith shed, carriage house, smoke house, and tenant house.

The Heritage Trail that I walked was well marked; there were interpretive stations along the way with maps to show my present location. Benches were conveniently placed along the trail.

The main trails are asphalt, but the park also has interconnecting dirt trails. Visitors to the park are usually dog walkers of various ages, runners, and families with young children. On the weekday that I went there, there were plenty of visitors of all types.

There is no admission charge to the grounds. The park has ample parking, restrooms w/water fountains, and picnic areas with grills. At certain times of the year, the farm has guided tours at a nominal charge.

(For trail specifics, see my track.)