Lula Lake Land Trust Trail

Lula Lake Land Trust Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lookout Mountain, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

The Lula Lake Land Trust is on private property and is open for hiking on very limited days. Please do not try to hike here during closed times. The core preserve is only open on the first and last weekends of each month to hiking and biking. May-November First and Last Weekends 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Saturdays and 12 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Sundays. November-April Open the first and last Saturdays only. There are 7 miles of easy to moderate trails, most leading to an historic mountain lake and a 120 foot waterfall. This is private property and only open to the public on stated days.

I went to school on Lookout Mountain a LONG time ago. Back then, Lula Lake was a very sketchy part of the mountain and you went there at your own risk, and without the owners' permission, I might add. The Land Trust has done such a great job of developing this area. I see two very negative comments posted below and it is obvious that they didn't take advantage of all options. Yes, there are more rugged and remote areas to hike. But you don't go to a place like this expecting that. I went last Saturday, got there when the gates opened, hiked for three hours and didn't see any more people than I see when I hike the Savage Gulf on a weekend. Very nice place.

Very nice, trails are well maintained. Both waterfalls are beautiful. The staff is great, very helpful. Will visit again.

It was an awesome hike (short though) but the lookout point, waterfall n the lake view was amazing.. absolute beauty to watch .. got some real cool views

I love this place. Every time that we have been the staff have been very welcoming and helpful. The trails are always well kept and the sights are beautiful. I only wish it was open more so we could go more often. We took our nieces and nephews (ages 4-10) and they loved it too! We hiked the middle trail to bluff view then the bluff view trail to the falls, the most scenic path. Next time we are going to the bottom of the falls!

spectacular view from the bluff followed by an amazing waterfall.

This place is terrible don't waste your time. highly trafficked highly congested footpath. We hiked all of them and sadly not one offers more than the next, unable to get away from the congestion noise and screaming children at any point.

trails?? try paved roads mostly. people everywhere and they are loud and annoying. pretty falls but oh wait you can't swim. and why would you with the 1300000 other people around with there screaming kids. anyone with any experience or love for the outdoors have so many better options.

Great trails! Many paths to choose to get to the falls. You can make it as easy, or as challenging as you'd like. The overlook was very pretty as well, but the falls are the real treasure! Absolutely stunning waterfall! Even though you're not allowed to swim, the mist feels great on a hot summer day! Highly recommend going if you can on an open gate weekend!

Quite possibly one of my favorite waterfalls!
You can access waterfall from a short walk from parking area or from hiking trail. I would highly suggest taking the trail so you can experience the amazing views at the overlook. Trail is very easy and great little natural walk. I spent about 4 hours total at the park exploring the trail and playing in the waterfall and river. Great day trip and perfect for families and dogs. Picnic tables are located near the waterfall and at the overlook for those who are planning to spend the day and have lunch.

Most beautiful hike yet!