Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Long Creek Falls via Appalachian Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(255)
Blue Ridge Wildlife Management Area

Long Creek Falls via Appalachian Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Ridge, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 301 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The trail head is on a bumpy trek off the main road, drive with caution (4x4 vehicles recommended).

Great trail with lots of camping spots and amazing waterfall!

Beautiful shady trail. It is not too long (about 20-30 min one way) but about half way through the elevation increases so it will get your heart pumping. The waterfall is totally worth making the hike. The trail is somewhat narrow so it was hard to keep 6ft distance from others when passing by people. The trail follows the creek so there are plenty of spots to rest, camp, picnic by the day after along the trail. We hiked it with my 3yo in a hiking backpack. Easy peasy. No designated parking, so everyone was parked along a gravel road. Re getting there - the trail is 5 miles off the main road and the 5 miles are a narrow uneven gravel road so plan accordingly re appropriate vehicles.

Beautiful day and great family trail. 2 waterfalls prior to Long Creek Falls. We went in 2.5 miles on Benton MacKaye following Long Creek to where the trail leaves the creek side and heads to higher elevations. Really easy and enjoyable.

Short hike, but enough of a grade to get your heat beating. The waterfall is magnificent!

Beautiful trail.

Great trail. Damp and misty when we were there yesterday. Beautiful falls and easy little hike.

We hiked this trail today with our “girls” and it was by far our favorite trail in GA thus far. The last 5 miles driving in are bumpy for sure (drive slow) but the views of the river and creek are WELL worth it. Then the trail itself is really awesome. It is rated easy and really is, as there are only a few places where there are elevations that had us stop briefly to rest (but we are not in best shape, ). But about 85% of the trail is along the river so the views are amazing. Then the waterfall is just gorgeous!!! If you didn’t tell me, I could have sworn you dropped me in Oregon for hiking!!! It had a very similar feel. We will definitely return.

Visiting family in Blue Ridge, this trail was perfect for hike for our caravan of my brother and his wife and infant, my wife, 6 yr old and 1 yr old. The ground was muddy but was worth the hike to see the falls at full strength. Road out there is bumpy and watch for pot holes. Hiked on 2/22/20

Hiked last Sunday, was cloudy and cool. Such an awesome in and out hike. Have been several times.

Did this 2 years ago and again on 1/1/20. Very easy hike, beautiful water fall.

Nice easy hike. Dog friendly. Trail was fairly busy but it was a gorgeous day. Long dirt road to get to trail head. Watch out for big bumps in the road.

nice little walk up to pretty waterfall. Slight incline but pretty easy even for an old guy.

Be aware you have to drive a solid half hour on dirt/rocky roads (no pavement) to get there. But once there, it’s easy to find & access, and very pretty. It’s a gradual uphill climb that you’ll feel, but nice.

Beautifully kept trail that is short, but man that uphill got to me! Other than that super easy and the falls are refreshing. There’s a smaller trail to the right of the falls if you’re sure-footed and want to see the top of the falls.

Thanks

Great hike. Started at AT trailhead at 4 pm and made the falls in less than 30 min. Noone there and falls are beautiful.

Great trail with a nice gradual incline and just enough of a little trek to make the falls rewarding. As others have mentioned this trail is great for kids. My 4 year old hiked to the falls and back to the trailhead with no problem! The road getting there is gravel as most have stated, but it’s well maintained.

Beautiful location...on an incline on the way to the falls but worth every step. Several large flat rocks at the falls that made for a good seating suitable for a picnic if desired. Downhill on the way out which made the trek back to the road seem like it took no time at all.

For prior reviewer: private property signs regard the land beyond the road, the road itself is still a road. This trail head is a bumpy trek off the main road- my Subaru made it (slow going a few times and I’d wished to be higher up- lots of Jeeps out there chugging along just fine). The hike is a fun one, and since you’re on the AT, you can go as far as you’d like. We stopped at the waterfall for a bit and then hiked a few more miles and doubled back. There is a very large blowdown halfway to the waterfall that I definitely needed a hand getting over (I’m 5’5 and had a baby in a frame pack) my hiking partner (at 5’11”) had no issue going over on the ascent and only a little difficulty on the descent.

Drove the road and there’s no trespassing signs and private road signs everywhere. I turned around. Any update?

I love this traill this is my favorite by far

Great trail, cool, shady, nice grade. Our dog liked the stream. Access road is bumpy but in good condition, well worth the drive.

This is a great easy hike. This one is mostly uphill, one mile. But it's all downhill on the way back.

Mon May 27 2019

This is a BEAUTIFUL trail and well worth the 5 mile drive in to the trailhead on bumpy and gravel strewn roads! It was a trip getting there but I will do it again. Easy trail with water the whole way culminating with the huge falls at the top. Hardly any elevation gain and well traveled. I thought it was gorgeous!

Sat May 11 2019

My 11-year old and I hiked the section from Springer Mountain to Cooper's Gap May 8-9, 2019. This trail was in good shape and it was neat to her the waterfalls, though there wasn't a spectacular view of the falls anywhere fro. the trail. There were no serious climbs as we continued to Hawk Mountain Shelter. At Hawk Mountain we found a decent camp site near the shelter that was shared with several other hikers. The water source is a short walk down a side trail and is a good flowing stream. Privy, bear boxes and cables here, though there is mice activity in the first bear box. If you're not staying here, tank up on water at the stream between Hawk Mountain campsites and shelter because this is the last reliable water source for 6 miles (Justus Creek). Bret Eady with AT Hiker Shuttle (on Facebook) was a great shuttle operator that I highly recommend. He was knowledgeable about the area, but also completed his SOBO through hike in 2017, so he knows a thing or two about hiking the trail and will give you advice if you ask. He was very conscious of the HYOH idea though and was careful not to influence our hike with his ideas and conversation.

Wed Apr 24 2019

Great trail for families with small kids. Fairly flat with a little incline. Nice and shaded with a great waterfall at the end. would definitely recommend