Len Foote Hike Inn Trail

Len Foote Hike Inn Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Amicalola, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was great! Had lots of fun :)

We had a fabulous time, rain and all, on the train and at the hike inn

Nice hike. Beautiful views

Hiked the AT approach trail to trail head then down to Hike Inn. Stayed overnight and then hiked back to Amicalola Lodge. What an awesome hike! Well marked and maintained. Not too strenuous. Loved staying at Hike Inn. Would definitely do again.

Great hike out to the Inn. Gradual ascend, quiet and other hikers very friendly. It was great to be welcomed at the Inn with coffee or hot cocoa and snacks. Dinner was simply amazing. Was great to be 'disconnected' for a few days. Cell phone use is highly frowned upon so you really get a relaxation feel and good conversations and the tea room-esque design was gorgeous!

Taking the AT approach trail back to complete the loop was a little more strenuous but overall not too hard. Very well maintained pathway with many stop areas along the way.

Had a blast. Took my dog. Well maintained trails. Access trail was pretty exhausting lots of elevation change. Not a lot of rest stops if any until we hit lodge trail. Would definitely do this trail again. Best to start with access and come back on lodge.

Michelle and I hiked the Len Foote Inn trail and AT approach trail "loop" counter clockwise today. We parked above the falls to avoid the 425 steps. We hit the trail at 10:45am and returned at approx. 5pm.

What a great hike. The weather was mostly perfect (42-52). We were shedding cloths after 3/4 mile in. Had a great lunch at the Inn. Their hospitality was outstanding. We passed numerous people/groups/families out enjoying the woods. Even saw a couple of campers. Met one gentleman from Belgium on the approach trail starting a three day hike to Neels Gap. We encountered some sleet, then drizzle after Amicalola mountain.

So everything I saw said this hike is 9.8 miles. WRONG.....I have four separate devices that register 10.4, 10.78, 10.32, and my GPS showed 11.0. I'll go with my InReach (GPS).

My wife and I did this trail today and it was fantastic. Stop at the Inn to have your packed in lunch then head out to the approach trail and back to the lodge.

My family and I day-hiked this trail today. It is one of the more strenuous trails in the area, but we enjoyed the challenge. There are not many views along the trail other than the small section of clearing at the Hike Inn. The inn did provide a nice place to rest and enjoy our lunch.

Great day hike

I live in Florida so I flew to Atlanta, rented a car and drove about an hour north of Atlanta to Dawsonville, Ga. just for this hike. The trailhead is located in the Amicaclola Falls state park. It is a meandering hike through woods to the Hike Inn. Lots of people day hike to the Inn, grab a snack and hike back. If you have the opportunity, book a stay at the Hike Inn. Great people, sunrise and awesome food. If you have a 2 night stay planned, wake up early the 1st morning and hike to Springer Mountain, the southern terminus of the AT. It is about an 8 mile round trip journey back to the Inn so you will be primed for another great dinner at the Inn.