Len Foote Hike Inn Trail

Len Foote Hike Inn Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Amicalola, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great moderate trail. A few vista's. Few sections will get your heart pumping!

A moderate hike through the woods and up to Hike Inn with clear trail markings throughout. It took me and my dog about 3.5 hrs to complete (excluding stops for water, bathroom, and lunch at the peak). We saw maybe 5 other groups on the trail, and no other dogs. My only complaint is the view - there are maybe 2 peekaboo points and a view at the top. Don't expect too much. My favorite view was at the top of the waterfall - between the parking lot and the trailhead.

Fall Foliage: On October 29, 2017, the leaves were beautiful (both along the drive and the trail). I would guess that their peak colors would be sometime next weekend in November (there was still a decent amount of green around).

Terrain: I really love the trail terrain - not too rocky (no scrambling). Despite snow flurries, we didn't have any issues with ice, but the trail was very muddy at certain points (rained the day before). I had to carry my dog for a few seconds, because she refused to walk on the wooden beams.

Great trail with a little of everything!

Loved this trail and loved seeing Hike Inn.

Beautiful trail. If going to the HikeInn be sure to take this trail as opposed to the AT approach trail. Hiked both and the HikeInn trail is much more rewarding.

Beautiful day today --- not much traffic on trail
Only encountered one person on the return trip from Len Foote Inn to Amicalola Falls via the AT approach trail. Peaceful and great temps
Some area on the downhill very rocky but doable

This trail was just not one of my favorite hikes, sadly you can get the best views of the beautiful mountainside from the lodge at the top of the mountain. 10 miles is a long way to trek through undulating mountainside with little to no vistas. Even the Len Foote Inn had just ok views. I am pleased to knock this hike off my list, but I will not likely be visiting this park again. Side note: waterfalls are easy to get to, if visiting skip the hike to the Inn and go for the falls and Lodge.

Great hike. The Inn is fabulous! It is very rustic. No air conditioning, but it stays cool even in August. The view is beautiful, especially the sunrise. I would highly recommend the hike to the Inn, even if you don't stay the night.

Did this loop today. Recorded it a different app for calorie purposes hence no recording. Excellent hike. Would love to see it during leaf off.

Excellent hike, the Inn was worth it all, was feed great food too.

Friday, April 21, 2017

It was great! Had lots of fun :)

Monday, April 03, 2017

We had a fabulous time, rain and all, on the train and at the hike inn

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Nice hike. Beautiful views

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Hiked the AT approach trail to trail head then down to Hike Inn. Stayed overnight and then hiked back to Amicalola Lodge. What an awesome hike! Well marked and maintained. Not too strenuous. Loved staying at Hike Inn. Would definitely do again.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Great hike out to the Inn. Gradual ascend, quiet and other hikers very friendly. It was great to be welcomed at the Inn with coffee or hot cocoa and snacks. Dinner was simply amazing. Was great to be 'disconnected' for a few days. Cell phone use is highly frowned upon so you really get a relaxation feel and good conversations and the tea room-esque design was gorgeous!

Taking the AT approach trail back to complete the loop was a little more strenuous but overall not too hard. Very well maintained pathway with many stop areas along the way.

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Had a blast. Took my dog. Well maintained trails. Access trail was pretty exhausting lots of elevation change. Not a lot of rest stops if any until we hit lodge trail. Would definitely do this trail again. Best to start with access and come back on lodge.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Michelle and I hiked the Len Foote Inn trail and AT approach trail "loop" counter clockwise today. We parked above the falls to avoid the 425 steps. We hit the trail at 10:45am and returned at approx. 5pm.

What a great hike. The weather was mostly perfect (42-52). We were shedding cloths after 3/4 mile in. Had a great lunch at the Inn. Their hospitality was outstanding. We passed numerous people/groups/families out enjoying the woods. Even saw a couple of campers. Met one gentleman from Belgium on the approach trail starting a three day hike to Neels Gap. We encountered some sleet, then drizzle after Amicalola mountain.

So everything I saw said this hike is 9.8 miles. WRONG.....I have four separate devices that register 10.4, 10.78, 10.32, and my GPS showed 11.0. I'll go with my InReach (GPS).

Monday, October 24, 2016

My wife and I did this trail today and it was fantastic. Stop at the Inn to have your packed in lunch then head out to the approach trail and back to the lodge.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

My family and I day-hiked this trail today. It is one of the more strenuous trails in the area, but we enjoyed the challenge. There are not many views along the trail other than the small section of clearing at the Hike Inn. The inn did provide a nice place to rest and enjoy our lunch.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Great day hike

Saturday, September 03, 2016

I live in Florida so I flew to Atlanta, rented a car and drove about an hour north of Atlanta to Dawsonville, Ga. just for this hike. The trailhead is located in the Amicaclola Falls state park. It is a meandering hike through woods to the Hike Inn. Lots of people day hike to the Inn, grab a snack and hike back. If you have the opportunity, book a stay at the Hike Inn. Great people, sunrise and awesome food. If you have a 2 night stay planned, wake up early the 1st morning and hike to Springer Mountain, the southern terminus of the AT. It is about an 8 mile round trip journey back to the Inn so you will be primed for another great dinner at the Inn.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Great hike! Bring plenty of water

Sunday, May 08, 2016

What a fun hike and a great overnight experience at The Hike Inn! The hike was a little more challenging than I would have guessed it to be, fairly steep hike to The Inn. Lots of fun to do with a group, I will definitely undertake the full experience again!

Monday, April 18, 2016

I loved this hike, and I like the Hike Inn. I wish they had a few rooms that were dog friendly; I hike with my dog ALWAYS.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

We just did this for the 2nd time & enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around (since we avoided the rain this year). For those w/kids, I have a 10 yr old Son & 13 yr old Daughter, we let my Son pace us both ways & made it in a little less than 2 hours both ways. Going up is a little more difficult. That being said, we hike a lot & we carried little. They both had camelbacks & I had a lightweight REI daytrip pack. Well worth the time, trip & cost.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Great trail just walked to the inn sat down turned around hiked back About 3hrs

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Great

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Incredibla!

Friday, January 01, 2016

I did not find a trailhead using these directions. Is there a trailhead other than at Amicalola?

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Very nice trail loop. Very well marked. It truly is like hiking in a green tunnel when you go in the summer. It rained, but the foliage kept much of the rain off us.