Len Foote Hike Inn Trail

Len Foote Hike Inn Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Amicalola, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A moderate hike through the woods and up to Hike Inn with clear trail markings throughout. It took me and my dog about 3.5 hrs to complete (excluding stops for water, bathroom, and lunch at the peak). We saw maybe 5 other groups on the trail, and no other dogs. My only complaint is the view - there are maybe 2 peekaboo points and a view at the top. Don't expect too much. My favorite view was at the top of the waterfall - between the parking lot and the trailhead.

Fall Foliage: On October 29, 2017, the leaves were beautiful (both along the drive and the trail). I would guess that their peak colors would be sometime next weekend in November (there was still a decent amount of green around).

Terrain: I really love the trail terrain - not too rocky (no scrambling). Despite snow flurries, we didn't have any issues with ice, but the trail was very muddy at certain points (rained the day before). I had to carry my dog for a few seconds, because she refused to walk on the wooden beams.

Great trail with a little of everything!

Loved this trail and loved seeing Hike Inn.

Beautiful trail. If going to the HikeInn be sure to take this trail as opposed to the AT approach trail. Hiked both and the HikeInn trail is much more rewarding.

Beautiful day today --- not much traffic on trail
Only encountered one person on the return trip from Len Foote Inn to Amicalola Falls via the AT approach trail. Peaceful and great temps
Some area on the downhill very rocky but doable

This trail was just not one of my favorite hikes, sadly you can get the best views of the beautiful mountainside from the lodge at the top of the mountain. 10 miles is a long way to trek through undulating mountainside with little to no vistas. Even the Len Foote Inn had just ok views. I am pleased to knock this hike off my list, but I will not likely be visiting this park again. Side note: waterfalls are easy to get to, if visiting skip the hike to the Inn and go for the falls and Lodge.

Great hike. The Inn is fabulous! It is very rustic. No air conditioning, but it stays cool even in August. The view is beautiful, especially the sunrise. I would highly recommend the hike to the Inn, even if you don't stay the night.

Did this loop today. Recorded it a different app for calorie purposes hence no recording. Excellent hike. Would love to see it during leaf off.

Excellent hike, the Inn was worth it all, was feed great food too.