Len Foote Hike Inn Trail is a 9.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Dawsonville, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.6 miles Elevation Gain: 2,214 feet Route Type: Loop

The current response to the COVID-19 emergency has closed several trails and recreation sites in Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests. Please see website for up to date info: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/conf/recreation Please note that the inn is closed due to COVID 19.

Amazing walk in the woods. A few spots where the trail gets narrow. Make a reservation at the bunk house and stay the night. Will do this hike again.

We walked 2 miles in and 2 miles out. It was a great hike with kids.

Left at initial fork is definitely more steep. Still open regardless of COVID. Several cool fire pits and camp grounds before half point if you go left.

Beautiful trail head by the falls for a climb that will test your cardio. On the loop it seems that most people go right but went left for heavier climbs and an easier finish since it was on downhill from there. Trails not crowded but falls are packed later in the day. I would avoid due to COVID-19 but beautiful hike.

Fun trail! We did this right after a hard rain the night before but the trail drains well and is in great shape. The Inn was closed because of the virus and we saw no one between the parking lot and the Inn. We did see some backpackers as we were headed back on the AT Approach Trail.

Absolutely awesome! A must! Will definitely do it again!

great hike, stayed at the hike in several times and love it

very good trail pretty strenuous mind where you start if you start at the bottom of the falls it's a longer hike mine turned out a little over 12

Hike Inn trail hike was strenuous. The Inn is worth seeing. Next time I’ll plan to spend the night.

icy

Slushy hike in the snow. Quiet and beautiful

This trail was very pretty. Mainly walking through the forest with lots of ups and downs. There are two or so good views. The Hike Inn at the top of our loop was very neat and had refreshments and a donation jar, it would be really cool to stay there! I would suggest going up on the blue trail and coming down on the green, makes the trip down faster!

This is moderate to hard hike some overlooks, interesting plants. Rhododendron tunnels and creeks. Hike Inn is a good place to take kids to enjoy Nature, very well traveled

I enjoyed this trail to get my heart rate going. I went counterclockwise taking the lime (Len Foote trail) past the Inn to connect with the Blue (AT Approach trail). Recommend trekking poles as it is rocky especially on the blue trail, but it was manageable without. Hiked solo and felt perfectly safe.

I have done this trail today and I have done it alone... With 15min rest at the Inn it took under 4hrs to complete. I took Lime trail to Hike Inn and then went back via AT Approach. Trail itself ia alright, nothing spectacular and don't expect to see much scenic views on this trail, it is mostly woods...There are better trails out there and I dont think I will be back to this one. I found that AT Approach goes more downhill so I would recommend counterclockwise (Lime-AT).

Not a review but a question, anyone ever do this hike alone?

Great hike with a fun midpoint--the Hike Inn lodge. They have coffee, water, and snacks for day hikers in addition to their overnight lodging service. Recommend going clockwise--that'll leave you with a shorter hike after your rest stop, and I had the sun in my eyes most of the time going counterclockwise. Don't forget to bring $5 for the park fee. Dog friendly.

fee

Great trail. Used to climbing more elevated trails but this one wasn’t bad elevation wise, though it has spots with more of an incline. Depending on ones activity level this could be considered hard, but going up to the inn and going back the same trail—which is not the loop but just the Hike Inn trail—was not that tough. Not incredibly scenic though that depends on what scenic means to you. I felt there was plenty to see but it was not mountain ranges, more a luscious forest trail with intermittent inclines and an awesome lodge at the end to rest up before heading back.

Sept 28, 2019 If you hike for views, this one probably isn't for you. I went for the calorie burn. I didn't do it as a loop, so from the parking lot above Amicalola Falls to the Hike Inn and back added up to 9.2 miles. I managed it in 3.5 hours as a there-and-back, which makes me question the "hard" rating. Maybe moderately difficult?

this is a hard trail, like it says. but, take your time and enjoy the beauty. at the end of the hike is a great staff, great place, good food, great scenery. quiet by 10pm, tucked in your adequate bunkbed room until coffee at 6:15 am, sunrise always great, breakfast at 8. then out you go, unless you're staying another night.

Excellent trail. Really enjoyed it. Definitely longer than the 9.6miles advised. Was challenging in places but definitely doable for anyone with only a small amount of hiking experience (like me!). Was great stopping at the Hike Inn. They offer some drinks and cake for a donation. Yum!

We complete the 5-mile trail to Hike Inn in 3 hours as a diverse group. This portion of the loop trail is beautiful with a scenic overlook, rhododendron tunnels, creeks and beautiful bogs. There are strong ascents, but just when you think you’ve had enough there was always a break where the trail leveled out or descended for a period of time. It was challenging, but rewarding and enjoyable, especially when arriving to Hike Inn. Highly recommend an overnight stay at the Inn. Delicious home-cooked meals, great atmosphere, amenities and beautiful sunrise! Very relaxing after a long day of hiking.

This was a great trail but well used. The Inn is incredible for so many reasons and a great destination. There were two beautiful overlook views with seating on the trail, as well as wooden bridges throughout the wetter portions. Not an easy one for beginners like ourselves, but conquered and enjoyed all the same.

Great, well keep trial. Intermetiate with a few good inclines to break a sweat. Best day hike.

Great well groomed trail. I would rate it moderate at best if you are an experienced hiker. Two small creeks to pass over that don’t have a bridge. Water levels were very low today so no problem. Other water has planks or bridge for crossing. Mostly pretty wooded hike. Great canopy to help keep you cool. A few vistas but mostly hiking in woods. Will be beautiful in the fall. The Hike Inn at the top is very sweet. Great staff. I will return and stay a night for sure in the future. Saw many folks hiking with dogs and older children. I would not recommend the full hike for younger children due to the distance. This hike made for a great Labor Day activity.

great hike, well maintained.