Leita Thompson Memorial Park Trail

Leita Thompson Memorial Park Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Roswell, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

My son and I went, it's a peaceful walk.

Great trail! Very well maintained and several activities to do at the park. The trail is very well shaded and will make for an excellent walk when the temperature sky rockets. For about an hour of exercise that is literally over a river and through the woods, I would highly recommend this trail. Additionally, the story of Ms. Thompson whom the park is named after is a very interesting one.

This is a good Trail for a quick walk or short run (~2.25 miles at full length). There are no exciting views but very family friendly.

This is hands down my favorite trail to walk my dogs on. The only drawback is that they get filthy from the creeks, lake, and gravel trail, but it is totally worth it. Canopy overhead makes summer walking tolerable. Trails zig zag and many hills keep it interesting.

There's a set of two different paths within the larger red, which I always tag right under 2.25 mi. So if you're feeling noncommittal, you have a lot of access points to shorten the workout. The trail is composed of crushed gravel, and being so removes any technical obstacles. However, making up for that, there's a good bit of elevation gain. I run this trail, but I take my kids here to hike.

Sunday, May 15, 2016