Kolb's Farm Loop Trail

Kolb's Farm Loop Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Relatively flat with only one area that will make you breathe very hard. Does not contain many roots or rocks that can twist ankles. Not a very scenic route but the length makes it very nice for getting in shape.

Easy but very peaceful hike.

Nice balance of incline and flat running areas. Spotted some birds and a Doe with her baby. Watch out for horse poop!

Great loop for a morning outing. Completed in a little under 2 hrs. Not major scenery but some good historic spot(s).

Very flat and simple trail. Not too hilly but a good distance. The trail is well marked, I always start the trail at the parking lot on Cheatam Hill road. It's never extremely busy! You can extend the trail loop by crossing the street as well

Monday, February 20, 2017

Parked in the overflow and headed out, nice weekend walk/hike

Saturday, October 29, 2016

This is an excellent loop for a nice walk with the dog. I take my dog here often, generally parking at Cheatham Hill and making the loop from there. Nice 5 mile walk. We often extend it to seven by connecting to the Cheatham Hill trail at the Illinois Monument.

The East section that runs along the creek is my favorite. Very scenic and not too crowded in the morning. Much of the walk we see no one. Saw at least a dozen deer this morning.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Nice trail. Well maintained. Has water fountain with dog bowl right around mile 2.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pretty flat hike. Quiet and peaceful, not too many folks out, even on this weekend morning.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great trail for running!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Awesome trail for running.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great. well marked

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Fun little trail. Easy enough to do with kids and animals, but still long enough to enjoy. Saw some Wild Turkey, a few Deer, and a ton of Squirrels.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Wide clear trails. Enjoyed the walk by the small creek. Horse poop mines throughout though.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

The trail was good really enjoyed the views but it's a 5.5 mile loop not 9.8. I would not say it's a easy trail but would also say it's not very hard.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

This trail is 5 miles not 9.8. The blue mile marker posts start at the trailhead near the parking lot on Cheatham Hill Road. I love this hike. As far as the horse dropping goes, it is all vegetable matter unlike the dog droppings that some folks refuse to pick up. This is by far my favorite hike close to home.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Our all-time favorite close to home trail! The dogs love splashing in the streams during the summer months and it's a great time for the whole family!

Sunday, February 07, 2016

I mean, are they coming in the middle of the night to poop and then leaving?

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Listen up, if there's horse poop everywhere, how come no one has seen the horses?? You all see the horse poop, but no one sees the horses......

Thursday, August 27, 2015

The signage has improved a lot. It is pretty easy to follow the loop.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Glad we found this trail! My husband and I enjoyed running this last weekend and we are planning on using it frequently. Yes, there were many piles of horse manure, but if you pay attention, it's kind of fun dodging them and darting around on the trail, it was kind of like a game! Lol! Signage could have been better, but, we figured it out, its really not that hard to make a loop out of this. The trail had some nice bridges, and could be quite serene at sometimes but then you would find yourself running parallel to a busy road for just a minute or two. Challenge wise, it was not that hard but great for a Sunday run.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Not a great trail for us. The signage was bad, very bad. I did not find it to be a loop but a turn around. Not alot of canopy in some areas, so it was hot. We did se a few deer, alot of horse poop and the unknown Soldier gravesite touched us...

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Seriously one of the best trails in metro Atlanta. I think I have run this trail over 1,000 since 2003. We would run to it from Marietta High School when I was on the Cross Country team. It has some good hills of varying length and steepness spread out perfectly over 5.6 miles. I usually walk up the last big hill at the end. It is the perfect cool down.

They have done a lot of work on it since 2010 because Coca-Cola gave the park a $50,000 grant. Volunteers do the labor so that money has been used well. There are mile markers every half mile and a water fountain with a doggie fountain halfway through the loop.

You can really zone out and you won't see too many people usually. I hate the horseback riders though! They think they own the trail and the runners are just in the way. I'm like, "get off your high horse!"

For a longer route, run to Burnt Hickory when you finish the Kolb Farm loop.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's more of a walk than a hike. There are a few hills, but my husband and I routinely walk this trail on nice Sundays with our dog. Used by horses, so sone poop to watch for, but its close by, nice and outdoors! We like it! Plus it's free to park! Yay!

Monday, February 21, 2011

This trail is more of a horse trail with some ruts from ATV's. Lot of horse manure and not much scenery. It was a little confusing on which trail to take but we found our way.