Kinnard Horse Trail

Kinnard Horse Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Monticello, Georgia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

It's really tall weeds on an access road. I spotted 2 copperheads in less than a mile. the first was on the side and the 2nd was in the middle in the tall weeds. I'm not sure how it's safe for horses. but I left once I seen the 2nd. maybe cut the weeds by 1/2. I like undisturbed nature trails. but this is weeds on a gravel road. wear tall hiking boots for safety.

this is basically just a service road you can hike. still a good hike.

Monday, February 29, 2016

I was here off season in mid February and the trail was pretty difficult to follow, especially on the way back out. The trail was covered in leaves with little to no recent traffic to keep the trail line easy to follow. I found myself wandering off the trail accidentally and got turned around a few times trying to come back out. The trail markings are only on one side of the trees, so have a gps handy.