Kennesaw Mountain East and West Trail Loop is a 10.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park is a multiple route trail located near Marietta, Georgia that offers scenic views. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & trail running. On weekends there is a shuttle to drive visitors up a by road to the 2mile mark where you'll find civil war cannons.

Great hard trail. Wouldn’t suggest dogs unless they are good at rock scaling or just want to stay on lower trails

Fantastic run and elevation training! I wish I had started earlier because it was quite hot by the time I ended but the crowd wasn't hard to navigate. Can't wait to go back. Xx

Awesomeness!

Love it.

Awesome trail

Great trails for running and hiking.

Take a lite lunch up top, and enjoy the view.

enjoy this loop. Will incorporate some cut-off trails to legnthen.

nice and cool this morning , perfect trekking weather.

start your day early, very busy on wknds. Pigeon hill trail most challenging. Drink plenty of water !!!

Very busy on the weekends so get there early

10.7 miles? Maybe around 16 according to mile marker signs

I like to do this one every other week. For me it’s not very difficult, but, for a first time hiker, I can imagine that it would be a little more difficult. Very nice beautiful views, and, not usually too busy during the week. Not terribly far from Atlanta, and is worth the drive. Weekends, it’s always crowded, but, don’t let that deter you, this is definitely one worth going to.

My calves were killing me going up

This is my go to place to hike and I love it have been coming here for years there’s different options you can take which range from easier to more difficult. If I had to complain about anything it would be from people leaving trash on the trails why can’t people just pick up after themselves. The visitor center is also worth a look at some good history there.

Not a hard hike. Good view of town from the top and the vantage point. A lot of history here. I'd say it's easy to moderate.

Good trail through the trees with steep incline and city views. You can also opt for the road all the way up - great views over park area and city; has more of a gradual incline. Two or three points from the road where you can connect onto the nature trail. Stays consistently busy - “lightly moderate”, depending on the time.

Great trail, hirstorical markers and great views. Got my geeky history fix as well as a great hike.

nice history and view

There are many trails of many varying distances and difficulty levels throughout Kennesaw Mtn trail network. I go regularly and have not tired of it three years on. I enjoy taking friends and family who visit the area, as it is often their favorite activity that we do in the NW burbs. Definitely some challenging stretches. TAKE WATER.

Mostly foggy and Rain. Passing front, dropping temperatures to Mid 50's.

Foggy and misty.

Amazing trail!

One of my favorite hikes I have done! Definitely would rate it hard

great trail and hike. peaceful..

Beautiful and peaceful.

Great hike. Challenging with a nice view payoff. Bring water, apples, and cheese ;)

It was good hike and we cover all the trails. First patch is little steep and view is good from top.

This a great moderate hike and possibly easy for those looking for this sort of distance. The mountain ( and I use that term loosely) is full of switchbacks making it a short moderate climb and the back side return is hilly fire roads. The only downfall is the amount of people, tons of traffic at the start and finish.

Good hike, if you have knee or ankle issues, walking poles will help. Great view from the top.